Will you be my girlfriend?

Natsu's POV

I got back to my house about 20 minutes later. I had taken the long way through the woods to try and clear my head and decide what to say to Lucy.

I hadn't asked her to be my girlfriend yet and I was really nervous about asking her.

I had passed hundreds of flowers in the spring morning air. They were beautiful purples, blues and pinks with the green leaves all around.

As I walked through the door to my house I had a whole plan of how I was going to ask Lucy to be my girlfriend in my head.

Sadly the second I got in there my mind went completely blank. I couldn't remember anything.

I know I had planned a speech about how amazing she was but the words didn't seem to want to come out of my mouth.

Lucy was in the kitchen making cereal. she hadn't noticed is come in so I just stood in the doorway watching her.

She was humming a song that was not familiar to me.

Her blonde hair was quite long now. Defiantly longer than when we had first met. Her hair fell into a perfect position even when she had just woken up.

She's so lucky sometimes. I could never get away with my bed head.

Her brown eyes were bright and happy. She picked up a spoon and started to eat the cereal quickly. Stopping her humming as she did.

Once she had finished her breakfast she put the bowl in the sink and then turned around and spotted me. As she did her eyes lit up and a huge smiled engulfed her face.

"Hey beautiful" I said to her. She blushed but kept smiling.

"I'm sorry but I didn't catch up to Mira in time" she nodded as if she already knew.

"I guessed" she laughed and walked over to me "have you ever seen Mira run? She's like a cheetah!"

I laughed with her. Mira was incredibly fast.

I suddenly remembered what I had wanted to ask her. "Hey can we talk?".

She nodded "Sure".

We walked into the sitting room area and say on the sofa. Facing each other as best we could.

"Lucy you know I really like you already" she nodded.

Her smile still lingered on her mouth but confusion had filled her face now.

"You're smart, beautiful, talented, the best person I know pretty much and I do wonder why you seem to like me so much as I'm the complete opposite to you"

"Then again opposites do attract. Like a magnet. I hated science. Wow I'm really off track. Okay what I'm trying to say is that I really like you and... will you be my girlfriend?"

Her smile instantly came back and ten edited itself to laughter. "Of course I will you idiot"

I smiled. At least she hadn't rejected me. That would have made things really awkward.

I hugged her. This was the one thing I had wished of doing since I had met Lucy. I just hadn't realised it until a little later.

......

Hey

Sorry I haven't updated in what feels like forever. I really need to update more.

Maybe I will start updating on the same day each week for all my stories. What do you think? Should I and if so which day?

Cheerio

Rowan