Prologue

Italicize - someone's thoughts or a story from the past

Bold - sign language 

"You are such an ass!" Ja'lia yelled as she chased after Lo'ak, who was running away with the necklace she had just taken off.

"I'm pretty sure the correct term is penis face!" Kiri informed, causing Ja'lia to snort as she continued to run after Lo'ak. He was always stealing her stuff because he knew it annoyed her, but he would always quickly apologize when Ja'lia finally caught up to him.

"Come on, guys! Tuk is trying to sleep," Neteyam scolded.

However, this only encouraged Ja'lia to pick up her pace so that when she finally got close enough to Lo'ak she could pounce on him. "Last chance to give me back my necklace!" She shouted, and the boy turned around to smirk at her before he continued to zigzag to get away from her.

As soon as she was within arms reach of Lo'ak, she launched herself onto his back, and they both went crashing down, causing a thud to echo throughout the trees around them. Both of Lo'ak's arms were out in front of him, and when Ja'lia finally got back to her senses, she quickly grabbed her jewelry and pushed herself off the boy receiving a groan in return.

Lo'ak slowly turned around as he looked up at the girl who was smirking down at him. "Why did you do that?" He grumbled as he held onto his ribcage.

"I told you to give it back to me, and you're the one who decided to ignore me," Ja'lia shrugged, walking over to an amused Kiri.

Ja'lia had asked Kiri if she would help her get her necklace back on, and thankfully Kiri agreed to help her. After Kiri placed the piece of jewelry around Ja'lia's neck, both her parents, and the Sully children's parents walked out of the Olo'eyktan's home they had been talking in, moments prior.

"Okay, kids. We are going on a date night, so behave. Got it?" Jake said, glancing at all of his children, but Lo'ak especially. "I'll keep them in check, Jake," Ja'lia smiled, and Jake looked at the girl with an anxious smile.

"That's what I'm afraid of," Jake teased, and all four parents burst into laughter at his words. Ja'lia stared at the man in disbelief, with her jaw dropped. She couldn't believe what he had just said.

Of course, she was known to be quite a troublemaker herself, but that didn't mean she was one all the time. It was only when Lo'ak could convince her to go with him on one of his infamous excursions. "That was so mean. I'm a good kid," She stated proudly before she looked at Lo'ak, "Unlike some kids I know," Ja'lia teased.

"You did not just say that!" Lo'ak exclaimed as he looked at his best friend in shock.

"And what if I did?" She challenged.

"Children, behave. I want to hear good things from my mother when we get back," Neytiri said, giving all of the kids a pointed look. "Yes, Neytiri," Ja'lia said.

After Ja'lia and the Sully children agreed to behave for the Tsahik, Mo'at, both sets of parents set off in opposite directions as Jake and Neytiri were going to go flying for their date night, and Ja'lia's parents were going to go for a walk through the forest for theirs.

All of the teens walked back into the Olo'eyktan's home and sat as far away from Tuk as possible so that they could talk. When Mo'at noticed their presence, she walked over to the group. "Please, try to be as quiet as possible. Tuk finally fell asleep, and I don't want to have to try to get her to sleep again," Mo'at said, and the teens nodded their heads in understanding.