Chapter 24: Romantic Outings

Italicize - someone's thoughts or a story from the past

Bold - sign language

"Do you want to go on a date with me?"

A huge smile made its way to Ja'lia's face as Lo'ak had just asked her out on a date. Of course, that was the next logical step to take so that their relationship could progress, however, Ja'lia never expected it to happen so soon.

She figured that it would at least take a couple of days for Lo'ak to build up the courage to ask her out if he ever decided to. From the way things had been progressing, Ja'lia thought that she might've had to of been the one to ask Lo'ak out.

Not that there's anything wrong with the girl asking the guy out. It took more courage than Ja'lia ever had, despite the common belief that she was always sure of herself.

Ja'lia was going to agree to the date, but someone else spoke up before she even got the chance to, "Mommy! Lo'ak asked Lia on a date!" Tuk yelled, causing everyone in the pod to look at the two teens, who had been talking as quietly as they could. When Neytiri heard what her youngest child had said, the information stunned her.

Lo'ak had only told her about his feelings for Ja'lia a couple of weeks ago, and he had already decided to ask her out. Did something happen between her son and his best friend? The shy smile on Ja'lia's face and the embarrassed look on Lo'ak's told Neytiri everything that she needed to know.

Something did happen between the two teens, and it was obvious that they didn't want everyone to know, but Tuk decided she would shout it out to the world.

"Tuk!" Lo'ak whined while his younger sister beamed at him in excitement.

Her ship had finally started to sail. Lo'lia was happening, and there was nothing in the world could stop it. Tuk was one-hundred-percent sure that Lo'ak and Ja'lia were meant to be together forever. It was like the fairy tale stories her Dad told her to help her fall asleep at night when she was having trouble.

The guy gets the girl. They get married, and one day they have babies. Although Tuk couldn't picture Lo'ak with kids, that was mostly because she feared that they would end up being a mini Lo'ak. It was fine if they acted like Ja'lia, in Tuk's opinion. The youngest Sully child was eventually pulled away from her thoughts as her mother's voice rang through her ears.

"Tuk, why don't you come over here so that you can get ready for bed?" Neytiri said, causing Tuk to pout as she reluctantly walked toward her mother. She was hoping that her mom would talk to Ja'lia and Lo'ak about their date, but it seemed that Neytiri wanted to allow the two teens to have some privacy.

"Aren't you going to ask Lo'ak why he's asking Ja'lia on a date?" Tuk whispered to her mother before she rolled out her mattress and laid down.

Neytiri ignored her daughter's question as she shook her head with a smile on her face. The mother did want to talk to Lo'ak, but she decided that it would be best to leave it alone for now. Besides, she could always ask Jake what Lo'ak wanted to talk to him about, and she was positive Jake's answer would shine some light on the new blooming relationship between Ja'lia and Lo'ak.

Almost as if Jake had heard his wife internally begging him to come back inside, the man appeared before he inside the pod with Neteyam right behind him as they both went to their designated sleeping areas.

Once Jake sat next to Neytiri, the mother leaned over and whispered in his ear, "Lo'ak asked Ja'lia out," She informed, and when Jake failed to act shocked, Neytiri knew that Lo'ak must have already told him what he was going to do.