Chapter 32: War Cries pt. 2

Trigger Warning: Blood, other things that I don't know how to label, read at your own risk

Italicize - someone's thoughts or a story from the past

Bold - sign language

War cries rang through Ja'lia's ears as she watched the Metkayina people rush toward the demon ship with zero hesitation after Payakan had made the first step, giving them all the courage they needed to protect their home and bring the children held hostage home. Payakan landed on the ship with a loud thud as he swung his fins and tail around to destroy as many of the Sky people's weapons as he could.

Ja'lia loudly cheered for her friend, not caring that there was still a gun being held to her back. She watched in amazement as Payakan ferociously defended his home. But her joy came to a halt within seconds as someone yelled for them to attack the tulkun.

"Open fire!" They yelled, and soon dozens of Sky people were attacking the tulkun with their assault rifles, however, due to Payakan's tough skin, it seemed that their weapons were no match for him.

That didn't mean the kidnapped Na'vi children couldn't help the animal, though. "Brother!" Lo'ak shouted, kicking the leg of one of the robots attacking Payakan. Payakan mercilessly moved his fin, hitting the man and sending him back across the ship while he let out a howl of anger.

As more bullets were shot at the tulkun, it only seemed to anger him because his hits were more violent and erratic. The teens and Tuk watch with wide eyes as the tulkun takes a swipe at a machine being suspended in the air, causing the object to fly across the ship and forcing the humans occupying that area to flee.

Amidst the chaos on the ship, Ja'lia could hear the cries of the Metkayina people as they drew closer to the boat, taking out anyone and everyone who got in their way. She watched as the Sky people sent out multiple sets of reinforcements to help their own, but it didn't seem to be helping.

Not only were the Metkayina people fighting, but it seemed that the animals who occupied the water were helping in any way they could. The girl turned her attention back to Payakan and noticed how he was still being attacked from all directions.

But within a couple of seconds, Payakan hit one of the bridges of the ship from underneath, causing it to dent and the people who were on it to fly up into the air before they came crashing down.

Suddenly, the ship abruptly moved, causing everyone to hiss in pain as Ja'lia pulled at the cuffs on her hands. The girl brought her face down to her hands and bit at the cuffs that had caused her wrists to start bleeding. She suspected the men did it on purpose because she bit one of them.

"Lia, I don't think that's going to work," Lo'ak said softly, and Ja'lia glanced at him before a huff escaped past her lips. "I know, but the least I could do was try. They put them on too tight," she said, motioning her head towards the blood falling to the ground from her wrists.

Lo'ak looked down at her wrists, and the anger that had seemed to subside grew as he noticed the blood. Those demons hurt his Ja'lia, and he was going to make them pay. One way or the other.

It was only a matter of time before someone came to their rescue, and when they did, he would find his chance for revenge, particularly on the man who had been taunting his girlfriend, ultimately leading her to latch her jaws onto his disgusting skin. Lo'ak hadn't even been shocked when Ja'lia bit the man because he was essentially asking for it by reaching out to touch her. Hell, if Lo'ak had been within the man's reach, he probably would have sunk his teeth into the man too.