9

She spotted Taehyung making his way out of the room, probably in search of Jungkook, that only made her smirk

“Jungkook whatever you say, we all know that he is here for an heir only.”

She shouted, making her voice sound annoyed ten times the usual.

“I said it's none of your business mother. If I want an heir, I will get it….”

Jungkook replied with the same eagerness, failing to see Taehyung standing behind him.

Taehyung snaps his head up when he hears the words that broke his heart.

He was only arranged to Jungkook for an heir.

He watched as he saw Jungkook and his mother conversing animatedly.

He turns around and head back to their room, curling up onto the bed as he sobs, missing his parents even more without even hearing the complete sentence from Jungkook’s mouth.

What did he even expect from someone he barely knew.

Taehyung's heart sank as he overheard Jungkook's words.

They had been having a great night/day together, talking and enjoying each other's company.

But now, everything has changed.
Jungkook walked back to his room, leaving his mother satisfied, he approaches the bed, sitting down next to Taehyung.

Taehyung, who heard the door opened quickly wiped his tears pretending to sleep.

Jungkook hesitated for a moment before reaching out to touch his husband's cheek, gently brushing his thumb over his soft skin.

Taehyung pretended to stir in his sleep, and when he opened his eyes, his gaze met Jungkook's.

His face void of emotion, and Jungkook frowns.

This is not the expression he had expected.

Did Taehyung regret last night?

Jungkook felt his defenses crumbling, and he couldn't hold back his emotions any longer.

"Taehyung, I...I'm sorry if I was too rough last night.”

Taehyung frowns at the statement why he was apologizing.

He didn’t want to be played, so utter the question that he wanted to ask.

“Jungkook why did you marry me?”

Jungkook looked paled but did not utter a word, just staring as if he was lost before muttering words that broke Taehyung’s heart even more, making him look away.

“I can’t answer that.”

With that, Jungkook stood up, leaving the room with a broken Taehyung curling up on the bed sobbing.

To be continued