11

Jungkook had always been perceived as cold and rude by those around him.

He kept to himself and rarely showed any emotion.

But when he married his husband, Taehyung, things changed.

Taehyung brought out a softer side of Jungkook within two days, and he became more affectionate and caring towards his partner, and that alone baffles him.

He couldn’t confront his father as he always says emotions are for a week, be dominant all the time, and hide your grief from your partner as they could use it against you.

After a few months of marriage, Taehyung found out he was pregnant with their first child.

He was happy but also slightly worried about how his husband would react.
Jungkook and him were not really on talking terms yet.

But his mood uplifted when he saw the small curve of Jungkook’s lips when he told him about his pregnancy.

Jungkook became a cold and distant person, rarely showing any emotion or affection towards Taehyung after that conversation.

Despite this, Taehyung liked him with all his heart and hoped that having a child together would bring them closer.

He probably was happy for an heir Taehyung thought, ignoring the pang in his heart.

However, Taehyung was surprised to find that Jungkook had taken a sudden interest in his well-being.

He would bring him healthy snacks and make sure he was getting enough rest.

Taehyung was touched by the sudden change in his husband's behavior, but he still couldn't shake off the feeling that something was off.

One night, Taehyung woke up to find Jungkook sitting next to him, gently rubbing his four months baby bump.

He froze, not knowing what to do or say.

Jungkook looked up at him, his expression softening slightly.

"Are you okay?" he asked quietly.

Taehyung nodded, still in shock.

"I didn't know you cared," he whispered.

Jungkook's eyes darkened briefly, as if he were hiding some sort of emotion.

"I may not show it, but I do care," he said, his hand still resting on Taehyung's bump.

"I want to make sure our child is healthy and safe."

Taehyung felt tears prick his eyes at the sudden realization that his husband had been secretly caring for him all this time, probably because he wanted an heir.

They didn’t speak further after that, leaving the conversation incomplete, swallowing their words, keeping it in their already wounded heart.

However, Jungkook hid his excitement by reading up on parenting books and buying baby clothes, placing them on the bed whenever Taehyung was taking a shower.

Only if he knew, totally unaware of the emotional turmoil that Taehyung was going through.

To be continued