A Show 🌶️

Billy's POV

Here's what you should know about Sammie. She's my world. I've known her since we were nine. I never felt safe. Anywhere. Until I met her. She's a bitch. She's feisty. She doesn't need anyone to protect her but I always will.

I've never cared about another person as much as I care for her. That's why this whole thing is scary. These fucking feelings of wanting her are freaking me out. They aren't new but they're getting harder and harder to push down.

I don't think I could survive if I lost her. She's my safe place. The place I'm most comfortable. Where I really feel like I can be myself and she doesn't judge me.

I remember that night when I kissed her. I was young, maybe fourteen. I was tired. Tired of my dad. Tired of feeling so fucking helpless. I made my way to her house like I always did. My safe place. My haven.

She held me all night. I remember the peace I felt as she played with my hair. I fell asleep listening to her heart beating as she sang me a Spanish lullaby she said her mom used to sing to her. She still does that sometimes.

I still crash at her place. Neil works out of town now. He's gone for months at a time which is a fucking godsend. I could leave, I'm nineteen now. But I don't want to leave her.

Sammie talks all the fucking time.. seriously.. she never shuts up. But it's worth listening to because I get head scratches and back scratches while she rambles. Yeah, I like it. Fuck off.

Those are the things I can't lose. I tried to kiss her again once when I was drunk. I think we were  about sixteen. She smacked the shit outta me and cussed me out. Told me I was being stupid. She told me I was too important to her.

I knew exactly what she meant and we agreed it couldn't happen. But I can't get her out of my head... I want to taste her. I want to be as close to her as possible. Fuck, the things I wanna do to her.

********

Sammie's POV

"Did you have a good time with Marcus yesterday?" Javi asks as he fixes himself lunch.

"It was fine." I shrug lightly.

"Just fine?"

"I don't think he's 'the one' but he's okay." I take a sip of my soda and lean back into the couch.

"Are you looking for the one?"

"No. I'm just having fun. You should too. Every girl in this neighborhood wants to lock you down, you know?" I tease and he laughs lightly.

My brother is a good man. He might do some... illegal things... but I swear his heart is made of gold. I respect him more than anyone I know.

"You deserve to be happy." I add softly.

"I am happy, Sammie." he says simply.

"I'm just saying. I've seen the way Carmen looks at you. She's a cutie." I push.

"Why don't you worry about your messy love life before sticking your nose into mine, yeah?" he says with a raised brow.

"There is nothing messy about my love life."

"No?"

"No." I cross my arms as he watches me carefully.

"If you say so." he walks over handing me a bowl of food.

"Also.. tonight. I need you and Maria out of the house for a few hours."

I meet his eyes and nod. He doesn't allow us to be around when he has his 'meetings'.