Chapter 15

Loki's P.O.V

I was pacing the room. I felt nervous, slightly agitated, and could not sit still at the moment. What was I thinking? Why did I come at all?

"Will you calm yourself?" Tyr said from where he was sitting. He looked calm, collected and comfortable. I just wanted to kick him. He was so relaxed, as if the great burden he carried was nothing to him.

"How can I be calm?" I thought about Noelle's face when she had seen me. She was angry. Of course she was. "She hates me. I know it."

"She does not hate you. If I know my daughter, I know that she will forgive you." Tyr smiled sympathetically.

"How would you know her? You've barely been around her since she was a child!" I snapped. I watched a pained expression reach my mentor's face, and felt a little guilt. 'Another person I have to apologise to. The list is getting quite long'.  "I need to see her, to explain to her." I could barely comprehend everything that was going on, and I had been living with this for some time.

"And you will. In due time." Tyr reassured him. The door soon opened and both of our heads turned, hoping it was the one woman we had come to talk to. I was disappointed to see Thor standing in the door instead.

"When can we speak with her?" I asked impatiently.

"When she has woken from some much needed sleep and wants to speak to you." Thor said sharply. He wasn't happy with us. I smiled bitterly. Nothing had changed. Thor was still annoyed with me and I was still getting in the way. "How is it that you are alive? Why have you been hiding from us?" This question was directed to me, along with a scowl.

I went to answer, but was interrupted by Tyr. "We will answer all questions in due time. When my daughter is present."

"And what if she does not want to hear what you have to say? I am the king here, and I will decide when you will speak."

"It would be better if we could explain things only once." Tyr reasoned. Thor sighed, obviously annoyed.

"I am tired of all these games and deceits. I simply wish to know why a dead man is standing in my kingdom, and who murdered my father."

"We have answers to that as well." Tyr said, gaining a sharp look from Thor.

"Why is it that you have decided to reveal all this now? Why not come forward earlier?"

"Because it was not time yet. I'm following a strict time schedule here." He grinned, and I couldn't help but grin back. Inside jokes could be so much fun.

"I've had rooms prepared for you. You will be summoned when Noelle is fit to see you. Above all, I must care for her health. Loki has already caused her much grief and despair. I will not have her go through this a third time with you." Thor directed this comment to me. Guilt bloomed in my chest. He was right. He was absolutely right. I had lied to my only love, broken her heart multiple times. I have constantly asked for her understanding and patience and pushed her farther than I should have. I was, in a nutshell, the absolute worst being to be romantically involved with.

I left Thor and Tyr to return to my chambers. He suggested I avoid guards and asgardians alike, in case someone recognised me and decided alerted half the kingdom of my resurrection.

 Thor had prepared my old ones, and upon entering them I was nearly taken aback from what I saw. Nearly everything was the same. Nothing had changed. The room had been cleaned and dusted, but all my books, papers and quills were in the exact same place I had left them.

'Everything has changed, yet everything is still the same.' I thought, deciding to change into my old attire and perhaps sleep, if I could find the peace to sleep.