Chapter 17

I shut the door to the room, trusting Thor to be able to keep the peace while I escaped to take a breather. I couldn't listen to anymore. Not right now. If I heard one more word about 'prophecy' I would probably lose it. I needed to take a break.

I walked a few steps down the hall, intending to take a long walk when the door burst open. Loki came tearing out after me, with Thor restraining Tyr and shouting after Loki. I sighed and rolled my eyes. So much for that plan.

Because I was walking Loki caught up to me fairly quickly. "Please Noelle. Please let me speak with you and explain-"

"Just give me a few minutes to process this." I didn't even look at him. I just needed to be left alone.

"No amount of alone time or thinking will help you grasp this. I have had this knowledge for months and it has never gotten any easier." He grabbed my arm. "Just come back and speak with us."

"I told you I would. When I'm ready." I rolled my eyes when Loki continued to follow me. "Alone please." We turned a corner and Loki quickly sped ahead of me, just enough to block my path.

"You want to be alone?" He tried to sound serious, but the hurt seeped through his voice. "You don't want to walk with me?"

"Not especially." I was still angry at Loki and I couldn't see us walking amiably together at the moment.

I watched Loki's face morph from sad to angry. "I know you are angry with me but I don't like this either. I understand how you feel better than anyone else." I huffed, trying to get around him, but he just stuck his arm out and pulled me back.

I decided to finally give in and I turned around to return to the room. There was no point in fighting with Loki. He really wanted me to turn around and talk with them. I must have surprised him by not arguing with him, because he just stood there for a bit before following me.

Thor and Tyr stopped struggling and arguing to watch me walk back into the room and sit myself down on my chair. I crossed my legs and waited for the three men to return, Thor looking slightly confused at my sudden reappearance and Tyr looking pleased. When Loki shut the door and sat down again Tyr got back to business.

"Now that you are both informed of this prophecy, things will be much easier." Thor opened his mouth to say something but was quickly silenced with a look from Tyr. "Everything is falling in to place. Thanos is scrambling. His plans have been stopped multiple times and he is now getting desperate. He needs to Amaranthe."

"What does he need to Amaranth for?" I asked.

"The Amaranth is able to replicate any of the gems of power. It is the ultimate defense and weapon. In Thanos' hands the universe would be at his will. But in your hands-" he glanced at Loki and I. "The universe will survive Thanos. He needs to be destroyed once and for all."

"And how are we supposed to do that? Thanos isn't going to lay down and let us destroy him. How do you expect us to 'destroy' him if he's this all powerful being?"

"With the Amaranthe of course." I wanted to pull my hair out at how simple he made this seem.

"How?" He wasn't really getting my point.

"We lead him to us." Before Loki or I could protest how stupid of an idea this way, Thor was up and shouting.

"We are not leading him here! I will not endanger our people for this!" I had never seen Thor so scary looking, even in battle. "My father has already paid for this prophecy with his life. I will not have millions of Asgardians caught in the line of fire because you cannot think of a better plan!"