3 - Keys

Leon turned from you to a painting that was hanging haphazardly on the wall. He pulled it down, and it revealed a lever. Leon pulled it, and a door on the ceiling opened, which dropped a sort-of ladder. There was no way you could reach it, so you gave him a shrug. It wasn't your main priority.

Leon nodded, before exiting the room with you behind him. It was beginning to grow dark, a symbol of your third night on this cursed mission. Leon jogged down stairs, and to the front door of the house.

He pushed open the double doors, scanning the dusk. It was actually quite beautiful, until the whimpering of a dog caught your ear. You and Leon hurried to the sound, and you spotted a white, shaggy wolf with his foot in a bear trap.

"Oh, you poor thing," you sighed, walking up to the wolf.

Leon reached for the bear trap, and you scratched the wolf's ears in an attempt to distract it. He slowly pried it open, and the wolf whimpered, climbing into your lap while limping.

You gave him one final scratch, and he turned to look at Leon. He gave your partner a look, before dashing off into the darkness.

"Take care of yourself, buddy," Leon called gently.

"What a kind creature," you sighed, pushing yourself up.

Leon nodded, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small stone.

"You think that shop keeper will pay for this?"

You shrugged as he turned the Ruby in his fingers.

"He had such pretty jewelry for sale," you said, beginning to walk along the path. "A nice ring. Didn't want to waste money on it."

You made your way back to the gate at the front of the house, using your funny little key to unlock it. Leon was yet to comment on the ring. He instead pushed the gate open, and led the way down the dark path.

"Last night, I was taking a walk along the river, and I saw him together with a young girl..."

Leon looked over his shoulder at you, and you shrugged at him.

"And the look that he gave her made me shiver."

He came up to a dimly lit shed, and found shotgun shells inside.

"Cause he always used to look at me that way... And I thought, maybe I should walk right up to her and say,"

Leon was remembering a lot of shit he didn't want to remember as he came up upon the end of the little cavern you had been walking through.

"It's a game he likes to play... I'm in my ABBA era right now," you said as you came up on another gate.

Leon unlocked the gate.

"You've always liked ABBA," he said as he pushed it open.

You scanned over the dark village, trying to find the fastest way to the church. It was eerily quiet. Bad time to be singing.

"Look into his angel eyes..."

You whispered halfheartedly, eyes narrowed as you walked down the dirt path that led to the village's center.

"One look and you're hypnotized."

Leok spotted the church, and quickly began walking to it, until the tower next to it exploded. He pushed you back, and you grabbed his arm, watching as the huge building hit the ground.

"He'll take your heart and you must pay the price..."

You scanned over dark wolves that suddenly began approaching. Leon reached for his shotgun, and you grabbed your handgun from your holster. There were only four of them, but they were fast as shit. One launched itself at you, pinning you to the floor. You quickly ripped your knife from your belt, stabbing it in the neck, and then in the eye. You pushed it off, before shooting it.