13 - Ashley

You exited the boat, scanning over the rock. You had to climb your way up to get where you needed to be. You walked in silence, occasionally grunting as you pushed yourselves up. You got on a ledge, and Leon pulled out the binocs.

"Anything?"

"Ashley. She's unconscious," he moved his head. "Spotlights... let's avoid those."

"Hey, down there," you patted his side. "Shit ton of surveillance."

"Good eye," Leon tucked the binocs away, before continuing down the rock.

You rushed through a dimly-lit damp cave, and spotted a laser barrier. Anything touched that, your presence would be known in seconds. You took the long way around the barrier, and bumped into the Shopkeeper.

You waved him hello, and jogged past, continuing your trek for Ashley. You found a way to the back of the little laser machine, and turned it off. You went through your path, and then quickly ducked behind debris. You could hear the angry grunts of Ganados, and figured this was a stealth mission. You made your way into a destroyed house, Leon covering you, and you adjusted the little laser wall inside, so that you could slip by.

And then you were spotted.

An alarm sounded, and something big as shit was coming — you could feel it.

You didn't have time to worry, instead killing off Ganados. You could hear angry grunts of something big, and something that sounded like an engine.

And then you saw him.

Huge motherfucker, pure muscle. Wore a bore head. Immediately you threw a grenade, and ran past him. You eventually made it to the double doors the big dude had come out of, and Leon pushed them open. You killed the Ganados inside, before rushing up a ladder and into another house. Killed a few more Ganados, found a few more bullets. Same old, same old. You found this area that was blocked off, but shot a can of gas to make it open. Loved the little explosions you were causing. You eventually found yourselves back outside, and spotted a little something.

"A rocket launcher!?" Leon gaped.

For a second, you doubted Ganados had the IQ to even fire the launcher, but you were sorely mistaken. On top of that, Leon was having one of his little meltdowns. Which, in short, basically meant you were fucked.

You had to fight your way through the armed Ganados, and you had to shoot down the one with the rocket launcher before Leon could even gather himself. You came upon another pair of these really heavy metal doors, which Leon helped you push open. You rushed through the caves they led to, and eventually you found an opening. You snuck past the Ganados inside, found a door, disarmed a security system, and found yourself in a house. You could hear the beep of another security system, and Leon went to disarm it. You heard several screams from upstairs, an explosion, and some bullets being fired. You waited patiently, and eventually, the locked door next to you unlocked.

Leon jogged back down beside you, and you pushed open the door. It led to a sort of storage room, and on the left was a barred window. Leon rushed over, and you hurried after him.

"Ashley! Ashley!"

She was passed out on a bed, hands bound behind her back.

"Come on, Ashley! Wake up!" Leon begged.

The girl didn't even stir.

"Let's go get her," you yanked on his arm, pulling him to the end of the platform. Of course, there was one of those weird cow things guarding her, along with a Ganado with some sort of electrical stick?

You left the beasts to Leon, you were searching for some sort of way to get to Ashley. You ended up clambering up a ladder, and pushing open a pair of doors. You quickly killed the Ganados inside, and ransacked the place for useful stuff. You tore the place apart, desperately trying to find some kind of keycard to unlock the fucking doors.