10 - Bugs

You exited the cage, Leon following behind. You wracked your brain for the quickest way back to the throne room. You kissed the idea of saving Luis goodbye, and moved to exit the area. You moved back towards the courtyard, before hesitating. You shook your head, and turned on your heel, grabbing Leon's bicep.

"Let's double check the rooms Ashley was going through."

Leon didn't argue, and you jogged back to the open door, and through the pathway Ashley had carved. She had done a pretty impressive job, you thought as you walked from room to room. You found an elevator, moving down a floor, and raising your gun when the door opened. You could sense danger.

At the end of the dark room, there were three knights, one with golden armor. When you got too close, the bitches started to move.

"All right, time to get medieval on your asses," Leon smirked.

It took a bit of work, but you knocked the fuckers down. You walked towards the elevator on the other side of the room, and slipped inside. This one led to a staircase, which led up to a library you had already passed through, and back to the main hall. All that shit was for nothing.

Oh well.

On the other side of the room were these heavy double doors, which Leon pushed open. You took the lead, rather desperate to find your missing companion before chasing after Ashley.

Whilst walking down the path, these huge ass bugs jumped at you from nowhere. It was terrifying at first, but just ended up being gross. The door at the end of the path was locked, so you hopped the barrier and walked along another. Two more bugs jumped at you, and you took these ones out rather quickly. You rushed up a set of stairs, which led to a door, which opened to a room with first aid spray — hallelujah!

At the end of the room was another door, and that led to ballroom, praise God.

Uno fucking problemo.

It was swarming with bugs.

"Ramón is really slacking on his pest control," Leon commented as you walked down a staircase, shooting down a few bugs.

As you walked around, bugs jumped at you from all angles. These things could just hide in plain sights, and it was super annoying. They ended up separating you and Leon, chasing him back up onto the top floor. After maybe a few minutes of shooting them, the gate behind you opened — because Leon had pulled a lever — and you waited for him to come back down before slipping through.

So much for saving Luis.

As soon as you exited the room, Ramón felt the need to give you an update.

"Oh, Mr. Kennedy. Not much of a knight, are you? Your princess is a spirited individual — no doubt she's learned from the Mistress."

You didn't respond, shooting at the weight that was supposed to let the drawbridge drop. It didn't. Of course. Perfect. Whatever! And then it did drop.

You turned to Leon, who had spotted the other weight and had shot it down. You gave him a smile, and he jogged over to join you as you crossed the drawbridge.

He pushed open the double doors at the end of the hall, and you groaned in annoyance when you saw what was inside.

"Look," you whispered to him as you shot Ganados. "Those big things? Cant see us, but they can hear us."

He nodded, and you two split up. He took the left, you took the right. It was a game of cat and mouse, avoiding the big boy while trying to kill the Ganados. At one point, the two blind things started attacking each other, which only made your job easier. They also had a tendency to kill Ganados, which again, made the hard part a lot less hard.