Chapter 14:Awakening of Strength

Pov:Y/n

I walk by Ruby, as I chuckle nervously she was still flustered at the incident that occurred a few hours ago, as Yang was holding her stomach laughing in a mad fit, while others found it amusing or awkward, I sigh out before feeling someone slap my back, I turn seeing Nebu now giving me a cheeky grin.

Nebu:"'Why does it smell like the ocean?' Real smooth, Reall smooth. . ."

Y/n:"What? Don't judge me for not knowing the scent of a womans V-"

I was cut off by a loud roar, as I stop raising a brow while others let out a short gasp I turn to the direction of the shout raising a brow, before walking towards it vanishing into the bushes I push through the thorns in the bushes that are pricking my skin before seeing Jaune seeming to be facing against the Beowulf against himself, I stare at this moment debating if I should help or not. . .I stare sighing before muttering a single phrase before climbing up a tree to get a better view.

Y/n:"Trial by fire. . ."

I stare at Jaune he's not backing down, he's receiving heavy blows that are knocking him around, but each strike seems to just strengthen his resolve. . .I stare intently before seeing his shield have a black outline around it, my eyes widen staring at this before seeing him stop the Ursa's attack completely quickly repulsing it to the side, before letting out a yell slamming his sword to the Ursa's neck severing it clean off. . .I'm impressed. . .extremely impressed.

Y/n:"Damn. . . ."

I mutter simply as I watch the Ursa collapse, I see it's body fade away before sighing, as I was about to hop off the branch, I feel something snap I turn seeing Nebu he had a wide grin, as my eyes widen I see his knife attached to the branch before it cracks it apart, then snapping apart fully, I scream landing on my back, groaning in pain now staring  up at him.

Y/n:"Whhhyyy . . . .?"

Nebu:"Cause, every time I piss ya off you get more in the mood to fight me yeah?"

Y/n:"I swear one day I'm gonna break your legs. . ."

Nebu:"Not if someone else breaks yours first!"

Nebu quickly skipped away, as I sigh out frustrated before leaning up walking back, seeing Ruby, Weiss, and Pyrrah all talking to each other as I stop staring at the three they look back at me now, Weiss swiftly speaks up with a stern tone.

Weiss:"Where we're you!? There was a grimm attack!"

Ruby:"You can't just run off like that Y/n. . ."

Pyrrah:"He didn't run off."

The two girls eyes widened staring at Pyrrah, as she had a knowing smile staring at me as she crossed her arms now.

Pyrrah:"You saw it too?"

Y/n:"Mhm, I sorta. . .just went with my instincts I had faith in him I suppose."

Pyrrah:"Good! I'm glad we think alike!"

The two of us exchange a gaze, before hearing Professor Goodwitch call to us, I turn to them motioning my head for them to move, as we sprint off now.

                                                                    SOMETIME LATER.

Pov:Nobody

There was loud bangs coming from the school gym, as it was Y/n seeming to be practicing more of his modern styles of fighting, such as his boxing as he was shifting his weight left to right, using more of an elegant style of footwork, before quickly anchoring his feet in one place, retracting his fist now he smashed it directly into the center of the bag shattering the chain, and puncturing a hole through it causing the bag fly towards corner, as the bag seems to be knocked into multiple deflated punching bags, seeming that he was working hard before panting out, as he felt something drip onto the ground he brought his fist back, seeing some blood fall before staring at his knuckle.

Y/n:"Ah. . .I didn't notice. . ."

He muttered staring at his own blood, before lowering his hands closing his eyes thinking about the incident years ago, before opening his eyes hearing a gasp he turned to his side seeing Ruby, she storms over to Y/N, she was accompanied by Weiss, and Nebu.

Ruby:"Y/n! What's wrong with your hand!?"

Y/n:"Huh. . .? Oh, I think I just-"

Ruby:"Come with me right now! We're getting you treated!"

Ruby quickly grasps Y/n's wrist dragging him out of the Gym quickly seeming not in the mood to talk this over with Y/n, Y/n didn't object in that fact instead. . .he gripped her hand rather tightly he was afraid of letting go, as the two leaves Weiss just sighs loudly.

Weiss:"What could possess him to do such a destructive thing to himself?"

Nebu:"A shadow."

Weiss:" Huh. . .?"

Nebu:"Me, and Y/n have our fare-share of bad childhoods but his seems to be always looming over his head, for me my anger was satisfied, but for him on the other hand . . .it's yet to be quenched, he'll always have a shadow looming over him, and he can't release that stress, he's bottling it all up against the man he wishes to defeat."

Weiss:"You. . .?"

Nebu:"Hah! No, No not even close his true enemy is his elder brother, I don't know what happened between them but he's dead-set 'n making sure there's a burial for him. To you Y/n looks like a focused fighter, with good discipline but it's the opposite his true nature. . . he's wild, and fierce. . .even more wilder than a certain Fanus I remember over my past. Like he's an animal disguising himself as a human." 

Nebu's words let alone sent chill's down Weisse's spine staring at the many, many bangs that Y/n demolished with his own hands before sighing turning to Nebu, before staring at his hand, seeing Nebu's hands are just daring to taste that monster that Y/n was hiding, Weiss squinted at him slapping the back of his head, knocking him out of his day dream.

                                                                                      Meanwhile

Y/n:"Ruby, I didn't mean to-"

Ruby:"Hush!"

Ruby quickly silenced Y/n, as she was holding his hand tightly placing some ice over his knuckles as she seemed visibly irritated by his actions they we're both seated on Weisse's bed in the dorm.

Ruby:"How could you injure yourself like that!? Do you know how bad this could have ended up if you didn't stop?"

Y/n:"But I-"

Ruby:"No buts! The more you do this the more you'll effect not just yourself, but the people around you. . .I-I don't want you to just get hurt. . .I want to make sure you're safe. . .okay?"

Y/n:". . . .Alright Ruby, I get it I'll stay safe."

Ruby:"You better! Or else I'll be the one to break your hand this time!" 

She seemed real rattled that Y/n got himself hurt so badly, before sighing deeply staring at Y/n's eyes her silver eyes burning into his pupils, as stared at her he felt an odd magnetic feeling, their faces grew closer before suddenly, the door was SLAMMED open, Yang quickly leaping out.

Yang:"HELLOO!"

Y/n:"WAH-"

Ruby:"GUH!"

The pair fell off the bed startled by the sudden entrance of Yang, but both of their cheeks felt hot. . . .red hot what we're they about to do the two wonder. . .they didn't have control over each other . . .strange indeed.

SCENE END.