8.

Later on, Neteyams 2 sisters, Kiri and Tuktirey, found me some clothes to fit in with the clan better. They gave ma a waist scarf with feathers on the side, along with a knitted top that had beads hanging from it. Navi's usualy went barefoot, but since I wasn't used to that kind of enviorement, they gave me lace up sandals.

They also braided 2 strands of my hair on each side. I couldn't lie, I loved my new look, even tho it felt weird walking around with such little clothing.

After I got ready, Neteyam took me to  the spiral root of the second level of the tree, where the others were eating in a circle. As we made our way through, I almost tripped,  and ended up stepping on someones tail, getting them to hiss at me. "Sorry.." I chuckled.

Everyones eyes were glued to me, and when we made it to the area where we would eat, I stood there awkwardly. Neteyam came from behind me pulling my hand to sit down next to him.

Opposite of us, on the other side of the circle, Na'yori and her friends were sitting, clearly mocking me. But it really didn't affect me.

He prepared a food for me, and it looked like sarma. It was some weird mushrooms in leaves. I took it from his hands, hesitating o try it, but I really had nothing else and I was starving.

Surprisingly, it was delicious.

"This is so good!" I said with a stuffed mouth. The corners of his mouth curled up a bit before he made another one for me. I smiled, gladly taking it from his hands.

"So, whos that girl opposite of us that keeps death glaring me?" I asked.

He sighed in annoyance. "Na'yori. She was chosen as the next Tsahik, and I as the next Ole'eyktan. We are going to be mated at some point."

He didn't sound to happy about it. "What does mated mean?" I asked.

"It's when you connect your queue to someone elses, and they are your partner for life." He continued. "It's like sexual intercourse on your planet." 

"Ohhhh. That makes sense. Why is it such a big deal, I had sex with 2 of my boyfriend and it meant nothing to me." He was a bit taken back at my statement.

"Because you humans are different. When you mate, you are connected by mind, soul and body to your person. Forever." He said.

"Sucks for you then." I pouted. "Can you make me another one of these?" 

He rolled his eyes before making me more of the sarma thingies.

"What are they called?" I asked as I ate another one.

"Teylu."

"It's delicious. More."

"Enough. You'll get fat, and we wont be able to train."

"Pleaseeeeeeeee!!" I pleaded, and he smirked continuing to eat his meal, before teaching me how to make one for myself.

He was a bit less tense now than earlier, and we talked here and there. After the meal he took me to the area where everyone slept. There were families sleeping it hammocks, the size big enough so that the whole family could sleep. For the Navi who slept alone, the hammocks were smaller. I plopped down in mine, almost dying again.

Neteyam laid in the one next to me, and surprisingly they were really comftarble. I wanted to talk to him again, but when I turned to look at him, he was sound asleep, or pretending so that I could leave him alone.

For a few minutes there, I thought about how fun today honestly was. It was a near death experiance. More than 1 time. But its okay, Neteyam was there, willing to give me a chance and keeping me alive. As long as hes there its going to be fine.

I allowed myself to fall asleep, going back into my human body.

I woke up in the link room, with Grace, Norm and Max at my side trying to wake me up.

I looked around, sitting up to face Grace. "Slowly, thats it Y/n. Is the avatar safe?" She asked.

"Hell yea. You wont believe where I am right now." I said excitedly. I started explaining to them everything that happened. How I almost died a few times, how the clan took me in and how Neteyam was willing to teach me their ways.

They couldn't believe what they were hearing. I was considered the useless one,and then I ended up being given a chance.Grace was happy about me aujuating to the Navi life, but Norman on the other hand was a bit pissed.

I don't blame him either, he was preparing half of his life for this planet, and then suddenly I, who came in the last minute, got chosen.

The next day, Grace and I had met up in the bio lab, as she begin to ask me the names of the clan members.

"Tuktirey." i responded to the one she was showing me.

"Good." She said before showing me a picture of Na'yori.

"Na'yori, Neteyams future mate." I responded, and she nodded her head putting the pictures away.

"That's enough." She said.

"So who is Eywa?" I asked.

"Who is Eywa? Oh, only her dignity! The godess, and creator of all that walks and exists on pandora! You would have known that if you've done any training whatsoever." Norman replied to me in annoyace.

I rolled my eyes and sat in my link unit. "And whose the one who has a date with the chief's son?" I smiled at him "Not you."

"Oh stop it, It feels like I'm working with children." Grace said.

"He started it!" I pointed at Norman.

Grace pushed me lightly to lay down, as she set up my unit to get back into my avatar.

"Neteyam was one of my best students. His sisters tho, they were so eager to learn." She said with a smile.

"They're good people. " I reasurred her.

She sighed patting my hand. "Alright, cut the chit chat. Village life starts early." With that, she closed the hood of my link, allowing me to get back to my avatar body.

Guys, I have finals next week, so I might have less time to write. I'll try and write at least 1 chapter a day tho