15.

As time passed, Neteyam and I started to pretend like nothing happened betwen us. We wanted each other, but we decided that for now we're better as friends. 

A festival took place at the hometree. There was wild dancing. Even Neteyam was dancing around with his sisters, and surprisingly Loak too.

I stood there awkwardly, watching everyone have the time of their life. "Y/n, come join us!" Kiri yelled out. I shook my head, hesitately, before Loak came behind me whispering something to me.

"Neteyam came here only because of you, don't ruin it." With that he pushed me into the crowd, and I started moving around nervously, until someone came behind me. It was Loak, again.

"Don't be so awkward!" He laughed earning a playful eyeroll from me. "Come on." He grabbed me by my wrist, and pulled me in the middle.

"I don't know how to dance like you guys!" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Just follow my steps." Loak smiled. We danced together, and it was fun. It wasn't slow dance type of stuff, it was like the dancing from Tangled.

Neteyam's POV:

I watched her laugh as she danced with him. Why doesn't she laugh like that with me? I know Loak and her are friends, but she never really held my hand like shes doing it with him now. The way shes swaying around him, and how close they are to eachother.. It's driving me crazy.

She's driving me crazy.

And I don't like it.

She finaly turned to look at me, and her beautiful smile faded. Na'yori came to me and started to talk, and without a second thought I cut her off by grabbing her and jumping into the crowd, right by Y/n's side.

I wasn't going to let her win this, like she can be the only one to try and make me jealous. Me and Na'yori started copying their moves, Y/n and me not breaking eye contact once.

I wanted to switch roles with Loak in this moment, and be the one to hold her like that. 

When the music finally ended, I immidietly grabbed Loak and ran off with him somewhere silent. Slamming him against a tree, I started to yell in his face.

"What the hell was that?!" I questioned.

"What the hell, bro-" 

"Why are you suddenly so close with Y/n?" 

He smirked. "I knew you liked her."

I sighed. "Just answer the question."

"Because she's my friend. Besides, if you really don't like her, you wouldn't have a problem with us."

""Us"?" I glared. "And I don't have a problem, nor do I like her. I just care about her, that's all."

"Oh, okay. That's good, because I'm planning to ask her to mate before Ey-" He wanted to walk off, but I stopped him as I cussed him out in Navi.

"Don't finish that sentance." I put my finger in his face, and he slowly moved it.

"Do you like her?"

I sighed, and rolled my eyes. "I do. And she doesn't like me. She made it very clear some time ago."

"Shit, what happened?"

We ended up sitting somewhere quiet together, and I told him everything. "And that's it. Now I'm just waiting on something like a miracle to change her mind."

"I'm pretty sure she likes you too. She's just overwhelmed. You have to understand her, shes in a pretty bad place right now." Loak said.

"I hope you're right." I chuckled and pat his head. "Hey,  sorry for being so rough on you earlier."