17.

3rd person POV:

Neteyam woke up in the arms of Y/n's unconcous avatar. She was laying on his chest, with his hand over her back.

He smiled as he remembered last night. It was magical.. That was until he heard a loud roaring sound of a machine. He looked over at the forest, pulling Y/n off of him. It was horrifying.

The plants and trees were being crushed by the machines, lighting up the left over trees and plants on fire. They were getting closer to the Tree of voices, blocking the only light source the 2 had.

"Y/n.." He lowered his ears, calling out for his mate."Y/n, wake up, now! Please, whereever you are!" He yelled to get her attention.

Meanwhile, Y/n was goofing around with Grace and the others at breakfast, not having a clue about whats happening.

"Come on Y/n!Theres not much time.." He continued trying to shake her awake, but she wasnt moving. I looked behind me, and noticed the machines getting closer and closer.

He had no choice but to make a run for it. "Fuck!" He yelled out as he got a tight grip on Y/n, pulling her over his shoulder.

He took her unconcious avatar to a forest nearby, where the sky people couldnt see them.He laid her down against a rock, shaking her body again.

Once Grace finally let her leave, she was surprised to wake up to Neteyam yelling at her, shaking her awake.

Back to Y/n's Pov.

"Y/n!" He said. 

"Neteyam?" I sat up straight. "Whats wrong?"

"Look!" He pointed to my right side, seeing a dozer taking down the tree of voices. The light from the trees started dissapearing.

"Son of a bitch." Neteyam let out a shaky breath as he talked. I looked over at him, and there were tears running down his cheeks. This was the first time I've seen him cry.

"Hey!" I yelled at the sky people,before grabbing a rock nearby. "What are you doing?!"

I started running towards them. "Y/n!" Neteyam yelled out, but it was no use.

As much as I yelled at them, it was no use, because the driver kept getting closer and taking down more of the forest. Without giving it a second thought, I jumped on the dozer, smacking the camera with the rock breaking it apart.

This had to happen at one point. The dozer stopped moving, but still, all the other machines kept getting closer. I lowered my ears in fear of the scenary. The animals were being ran over, and all the men and women were burning dwon whatever was left of the forest.

I quickly ran back to Neteyam, and got him out of there as soon as posible. We hid behind leaves, watching how the forest was being crushed and burned to the ground.

Neteyam was still crying not a sound coming out of his mouth. I carresed his cheek and embraced him, allowing him to cry it out in my chest as I continued to watch what was happening.

"Why.." I said. "Why would he do this?"

Neteyam sat up wiping his tears. "What is this Y/n?"

Guilt filled me as I tried to find the right words. "Neteyam, we have to go warn your family. Now"

He grabbed my hand, and pulled me with him back to the hometree. When we made it there, it seemed like the people knew what was happening. They were making war noises, and raising weapons. Grace was in the crowd watching alarmed.

Na'yori looked over at us, her expression full of anger, lust and pity all at once.

"This will only make things worse!" Grace told to Jake.