21.

A little authors note before the chapter begins..
Soo, I finished my exams and..

I GOT INTO MEDICAL SCHOOL🥳🥳
I wouldnt be able to do it without you guys.. When I felt overehelmed with school, I would come here and write these stories, or read all your comments to brighten my day. And it most deffinetly worked!

I will finaly be studying medicine like I always wanted (little Y/n moment hgfghsnkz)

I woke up, in a pile of leaves, with Kiri by my side, and Neteyam leaning on a tree nearby, looking into the distance.

I sat up, bringing their attention. "Y/n?" Kiri said shocked, Neteyam just looked over at us. I can tell hes still mad.

"Neteyam!" I yelled out, and tried to walk over to him, but he just walked away. "Please, listen to me!" He walked furthet, and I couldn't get his attention. I couldn't get anyones attention.

I started to tear up, before Kiri came over to me and hugged me. "It's okay, hell give in."

"It's not that." I pulled away. "It's about Grace. She's dying, I need your mom!"

Kiri froze "Oh no.. Y/n, we cannot help her without the clan."

"There's no way I can do it in under a night! I'm practicaly the black sheep in here." I sighed.

"I'm sorry, maybe I can talk them into it?" She said. Before I could speak, something clicked in my brain. It was a memory of Neteyam and I. We we're riding Ikrans, and suddenly a larger one in size wanted to attack me and my Ikran.

We ended up running away, thank Eywa. It was scary.

But Neteyam told me that there were people who managed to tame it. It was called the Toruk, and their rider was the Toruk Makto.

It basicaly aimed for me, so it practicaly chose me.

"Oh, right!" I smiled.

"What is?" Kiri raised a brow.

"I'll be right back." I said. I ran over to where my Ikran was, and made a calling sound.

I got onto her, and we started riding into the air, looking for the large animal. Once it came in seight, I made sure to ride with my Ikran over her.

I sighed. "Here goes nothing." Without a second thought, I jumped down from Azra, falling onto Toruks back. It started to resist from me, but I managed to get my queue and make a bond with him before he could throw me off.

It started to calm down, as I aujusted myself to him. "That's right.. That's right boy." I pat him as we rode. I looked up at the sky, to see Azra flying back to her original spot.

This was the only way for me to get the clans attention. Neteyams attention too. I hope at least.

I started to ride towards to where the clan was staying. All of them going quiet as they watched me plop down with Toruk. Some couldnt believe what they were seeing, some were scared. Most of them were mesmerized.

I got down from it, and pat his head, everyone still frozen.

Neteyam watched in awe at me. "Toruk Makto." He said quietly.

"The first female one." Kiri added, putting her hand on Neteyams shoulder.

I looked over at the family, and they all looked at me in disbelief. I started walking over to them, the crowd making me a pathway to pass through.

I first went over to Neteyam, and he walked down to me, putting his hand on my face.

"I see you." He said, looking deeply into my eyes.

I smiled at him, before putting my hand on top of his. I went over to Na'yori, who surprisingly looked as much amazed as the rest of the people.

"Could you translate for me?" I asked her.

She nervously nodded her head. "It would be my honor. Toruk Makto."

"Y/n would be fine." I whispered.

She stepped over by my side, facing the crowd with me. Neteyam and his siblings were standing on the opposite side of me, with his parents on the opposite side of him.

I cleared my throat and began to talk.

"The sky people think that they can take all they want, and that no one can stop them. We mustn't allow that. We need to ride out, and tell the other clans to come. Tell them that the Omaticaya needs them." I said, and Na'yori translated.

"Fly with me, brothers and sisters!" I cried as I raised my bow, being followed by the clans yells and shouts. Their war cries were so loud they could be heard throught the forests. I finally got their trust back.

I looked over at Neteyam, and he was smiling at me with tears in his eyes. I smiled back at him, before I continued to yell with the people.

After some time, I got the clan and Neytiri to help Grace. Or at least try. I carried her almost lifeless body from the shack to the Mother tree on Toruk.

When we got off, I carried her body over to Neytiri. "Look where we are Grace." I said to her.

She looked around. "I need to take some samples." She smiled weakly.

I smiled back. "You will."

Neytiri watched us carry both of the bodies, putting them opposite of one another onto the roots of the tree. She motioned for Norman and I to step away.

"The great Mother may choose to save whatever is in this body." Neytiri said as she moved her hands from one body to another.

"That's possible?" I asked.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my waist, and I turned around and felt Neteyam pull me into a hug. "I heard what happened."

I hugged him back as tight as possible. "It's good to have you back."

We pulled back after a moment.

"It is possible, but she must pass through the eye of Eywa to return." She said. "Shes very weak."

I knelt down next to Grace and carresed her cheek. "Hang in there, can you?"

"I'm so proud of you Y/n. Even tho I dont show it, and I'm sorry.." She croaked. "You're like the daughter I've never had.."

"Well you're like the mother I've never had." I smiled at her. She really was. She always made sure I ate, and that I wouldnt get sick. She was there when no one else was. I cant afford to lose her.

"Help these people. Give it your best." She pleaded.

"I will." I teared up.

Kiri and Neytiri stood behind her bodies and began to chant, as Neteyam pulled me away, putting his arm over me, kissing my forehead.

All the omaticaya began to chant and sway, as the others played the drums. I looked down and noticed the roots od the trees spread onto her bodies.

Her eyes rolled to the back of hear head, as the chanting got more intense. Suddenly Grace gasped, and looked up into the sky.

"I'm with her, Y/n.. She's real!" She smiled, before letting out a breath and staying still.

"Grace?" I said, before running over to her bodies, trying to shake her awake. "Grace!"

I looked between the bodies, as the roots released her. Neytiri stopped the crowd from chanting and sighed.

"Her wounds were too great. She is with Eywa now." Neytiri said, sadly.

Kiri removed Graces oxygen mask and closed her eyes. She is gone. I stood up and tears streamed down my face. Neteyam grabbed me, and allowed me to cry into his chest. "She was a great woman.." He said sadly.

I pulled away from him, and looked up at his eyes. He also had tears in his eyes, but decided to be strong for me. He wiped my tears cupping my face.

"We must fight, Neteyam. For Grace and for the people." I stated.

"You're right."