T W O

STARING AT THE SUN

•••••

WARPING WAS NEVER (y/n)'s specialty. In fact she hated it. She hated how it made her skin crawl and feel like she feel asleep in the blazing Arabian sun. The pain only lasted for a brief moment, and to call it pain was a stretch, yet to call it pleasurable would be a bold faced lie.

Although warping, or more accurately teleportation, was undoubtedly convenient. If (y/n) had her way, she would only fly commercial. At least then she could feel normal, feel like everyone else.

That's all the girl really wanted, to be normal. Yet, that was something she could never achieve. Something she wasn't meant to be. This was only further solidified by the strange and cryptic dreams she had been having.

She night after night she would awake in a pool of blood, in a room filled with bones, atop the pile a golden throne.

They had started recently on her mission, always leaving her sleepless and filled with curiosity. She knew there was a figure in the room with her, they would always converse yet she could never remember what had happened. Despite the ominous setting she never felt unease, it was the strangest thing.

As the days passed the dreams became more vivid and confusing. The sorcerer felt as if they had great meaning, something that would bring change. Yet being in the middle of the snow covered forest with only a tent and a sleeping bag could convince anyone they were crazy.

At least thats what (y/n) pushed herself to believe, once she slept in her own bed she would be okay. Everything would return to normal, it had to.

Opening her (e/c) eyes after warping always made her wince. The burning feeling quickly went away as she took in her surroundings. She had successfully warped into the court yard of jujitsu technical school. She stretched her arms above her head as she basked in the sunlight. She still wore her white layered snow suit, with a full thick duffel bag over her shoulder. Her katana wrapped in a white scarf, mixed in with her tent and camping supplies. The Japanese sunlight warmed her cheeks as an unintentional smile made its way onto her face.

She was home.

Home was not were her family was no, rather it was where her friends resided. Her true family.

Unbeknownst to her a pair of unfamiliar pinkish hues landed on the girl who stood in the center of the courtyard garden. She stuck out like a sore thumb, looking as if she just emerged from an igloo. Which was not far off from what she actually did.

As (y/n) turned to walk towards her room she was met with a strange feeling. Looking over her shoulder she locked eyes with a boy who seemed to be staring her down. She had never met him before but, the sorcerer felt her breath catch. Something about him made her heart beat irregularly. Her palms began to sweat, as she took a step towards him.

He seemed, familiar.

Yet, that wasn't possible. She had never met this man in her entire life. Yet here she was, having heart palpitations at the sight of him.

He spoke first, his voice honey to her ears.

"Who are you? I've never seen you hear before..."