F O U R

LUST FOR LIFE

•••••

WITH A GASP she awoke to the bed she had long forgotten.

It was a dream.

Well thats what she convinced herself of, there was no other possible explanation. Though, why Sukuna of all people? It was strange, and she couldn't help but feel at odds with herself. She felt inexplicably drawn to him.

Shifting out of bed, the young sorceress stumbled into the shower. Letting all her worries melt away in the warm water. Taking in deep and greedy breaths, (y/n) relished in the moist hot air. Vastly different from the dry cold weather she had grown accustomed to in the forest.

Closing her eyes, her mind began to drift to the events of the night before. Unlike previously, this dream was vivid. It seemed completely real, like her dream had actually happened.

But that's impossible...

Reaching forward to turn off the tap, her (s/c) arms gleamed in the morning light. The due of the shower slowly dripping off of her.

Stepping out of the shower and wrapping a towel around her, the 2nd year felt at peace.

Throwing on a pair of gray sweat pants and a navy crew neck sweat shirt, the fluff kept her warm and comfortable. They both were slightly oversized on her, keeping her relaxed and at ease.

Brushing out her (h/c) locks, she scrunched the strands of her hair with a towel. She loved self care, letting her hair air dry and applying a calming face moisturizer. Taking care of herself allowed her to slip away into routine, it made her feel like everything was normal.

Her mind continued to run circles around her previous dream, distracting her from her surroundings. Walking into the hall-way she was caught completely off guard as she bull dosed into a quite familiar pinkette.

"Oof Itadori-san! I'm sorry!"

She had fallen atop the first year, now pinning the boy below her.

"ouch (Y/n)-san! Are you okay?"

Scrambling up she felt her ears begin to heat up, her heart skipping a few paces she stuck a hand out to help Yuji up. He grabbed her hand, his palm rough to the touch. Calluses rubbing again her soft skin, his hand significantly larger than her own.

Yuji found himself staring at the girl, who stood a whole head a half shorter than him. Her small stature made butterflies bloom in his stomach. These feelings felt strange to him, almost if they weren't his at all. It was something he couldn't explain, it was if part of him he couldn't touch was drawn to her.

(Y/n) found herself gazing at the pink haired first year when a second pair of red eyes opened on Yuji's cheeks.

An audible gasp left the girl's mouth, "itadori... there's something on you"

His eyes widened and began tapping his face when a mouth opened on his neck.

(Y/n) let out a small yelp, "itadori there's a mouth on you-"

"Oh hush women. Oi brat let me out!"

With a healthy slap Yuji quickly silenced the mouth.

"Don't worry (y/n)-san, thats just Sukuna. The only thing he can do is be a loud mouth, don't worry to much."

A mouth opened on his forehead this time, his lips and tongue a familiar sight.

"Thats not the only thing this mouth can do-"

With yet another slap, this time more like a face palm, Sukuna mouth was quickly silenced.

"He usually isn't this annoying, I wonder why he's so antsy today."

Softly humming to himself, he doesn't seem to register (y/n) shocked expression. Walking as a pair the enter the common room where Fushiguro sat at the dining table.

The special grade sorcerer slightly winced at his presence, she had yet to apologize to him from their previous fight. Thinking back to the weeks leading up to her departure to Alaska, where she failed to kill the curse on mount fuji (y/n) was extremely frustrated.

•••••

THE NIGHT THE curse slipped away, he had badly wounded the small girl's right arm. The curse seemingly warped away, leaving (y/n) cursing the day she became a sorcerer.

She had arrived back at the dorms, blood still dripping down her arm. Disoriented she bumped in Megumi, her face losing color, pale compared to her normal (s/c) tone.

"Move!"

Fushiguro stepped aside and tried to lay his hand on her shoulder.

"(Y/n) let me help you"

Shrugging his hand off of her she pushed past him, "what part of move do you not understand?"

(Y/n) winced at her tone, she couldn't afford to feel bad as she was quickly succumbing to exhaustion.

Now completely stopping her, Megumi blocked her path.

"Im going to help you, now stop complaining."

She couldn't argue, as she inadvertently collapsed in his arms. He hauled her to his bed as he began patching her up.

Hot tears cascade down (y/n) flushed cheeks, embarrassment and guilt evident on her face.

"Why am I such a failure Megumi, why am I never enough?"

He shook his head at her raspy words, "you are more than enough (y/n), you are perfect just the way you are."

Her string of tears became sobs, long deep rooted issues rising to the surface. Her heart felt empty, her soul damaged.

"I'm... i'm a monster"

Megumi vehemently denied this, in no world would he ever view (y/n) as a monster. She was his savior, his closest friend.

"They make me kill, I'm a murder... they give me the dirtiest most awful missions and refusal would cost my life. They tell me its for the salvation of our clan, its for the betterment of society. All this pain, all this suffering... why me?"

Through wretched sobs, her voice cracked with raw emotion.

"Why does it have to be me?"

Megumi felt his jaw go slack, he had heard the rumors. The gossip of other jujitsu members, yet he never believed them. How could someone so kind and loving be a killer?

"That's... that can't be true. Why would they make you do that? Jujitsu sorcerers are supposed to help people! Not kill! Why?!"

His voice became more and more elevated. Regret seeping into (y/n) she stood and tried to lean against his walls.

One of the few rules (l/n)'s had to follow, (y/n) broke.

Never speak a word of your missions.

She thought it was to protect her clan and their precious reputation but, rather she now realized it was to protect them. Protect the general population from something they wouldn't understand, someone had to do the dirty work.

Peace wasn't peaceful.

"I was a fool to believe a (l/n) wasn't like the rumors, I guess you all are killers. You all are savages, dogs."

•••••

> (y/n) only takes hot showers, its the favorite part of her day

> sukuna and yuji's souls are intertwined, they feel and share emotions

> (y/n) cried for days after her fight with Megumi, purposely leaving her phone behind when she went to Alaska