S E V E N

A&W

•••••

THE LIBRARY WAS the last place (y/n) thought to look for answers but, she in large part blamed that on her generation. She sat in the center of the large library, century's old books stacked from floor to ceiling. She couldn't remember the last time she came here, to be completely honest she actually avoid this place like the plague.

It aways made her feel slightly uncomfortable, the smell of old books and burning candles just rubbed her the wrong way.

"Why can't I find anything?! Ugh! "

She slammed her forehead on the old oak desks, open book's surrounding her as she flipped through trying to find answers to her questions.

She had gone through the history of jujitsu, the different types of diseases of jujitsu and the history of Sukuna Ryōmen just for kicks. This little library journey was shaping up to take all day.

Just then out of the corner of her eye she spotted an untouched book at the very bottom of her stack. Its purple velvet cover, binded with gold threads, it seemed to be perfectly preserved.

Upon closer observation the title read; " sorcerers and curses, the bonds between us."

The title made (y/n) skin crawl, yet relief swept through the girl. Finally, it seems like her search had come to an end. Flipping open the book, she ran through the table of contents. Skimming through her finger hovered over a word the made her heart lead out of her chest, "soulmate bonds pg. 256"

Quickly flipping through the book her words seemed to be caught in her throat, disbelief the only thing going through (y/n)'s mind as she read the chapter.

"theses individuals may feel confused, the symptoms usually start as dream sharing, followed by burning and intense sexual urges. The later symptoms can present as sharing each-others pain and memories-"

Her heart throbbed in her ears, she couldn't even breathe.

"The only way for these symptoms to stop is to complete the soul binding, to mark their chosen half. There are several benefits to this, sharing jujitsu and power reserves. Additionally, the sorcerers life is extended to match the length of the curse..."

"But if the soul binding is not complete the curse will eventually die and the sorcerer will lose their ability to summon cursed energy..."

(Y/n) felt her eyes water, hot tears beginning  to leak out.

"Not much is known about this affliction, there are few cases of soulmates over the case of centuries. Each case has been between an extremely strong curse and powerful sorcerer..."

Feeling herself hyperventilating laid her head on the table. This can't be happening, this can't be happening, this can't be happening!

Her (e/c) hues went to read the last paragraph when she realized parts were scratched out and illegible.

"There is one known way to remove the soulmate bond, it is though-"

God dammit!!!

This couldn't be happening to her, it couldn't. Not with her clan breathing down her neck, and being a sorcerer. Her job is to exorcise, kill curses! Not fall in love with them.