chapter three

***Hi all, here's another chapter. I hope you all like! ***

Isaac strapped his sneakers in place before following Aidan and Zac out of the locker rooms. He could hear the sound of basketballs as he was dressing and he felt his body relaxing, despite the unusual pent-up energy that consumed his every cell.

Basketball was a comfort game. Easy, especially with his alpha abilities, but he tried to act normal for sports. No one liked to play against an alpha that would win every time, no question asked.

Zac was still rambling about the hot chick from the bar he was interested in. Isaac blocked out his mindless ramblings as he pushed open the gym doors and stepped inside. Instantly, he staggered backwards, his muscles suddenly going on strike. He would have ended up on the ground if Aidan didn't grab hold and jerk him back to his feet.

"Isaac? What the hell?"

"Dude, what happened?" Zac's mind was finally off his hot girl as he saw his alpha stumble over his own feet. It was something that hasn't happened since Isaac became alpha. Alphas didn't really lose their balance. Not often, anyway. And not over nothing.

The world shifted out of orbit as Isaac tried to settle the fuzz that overwhelmed his mind. He shook his head clear, but that only seemed to make it worse. He felt a low growl pour from his lips.

Angel bounced over, a ball between her long fingers. "Aw, what's wrong cuz? Too scared to take on your little cousin?" She bounced the ball for emphasise. She lost her smile when Isaac didn't return her playful banter. "Isa, what's wrong? You sick?"

Isaac ignored his friends as he looked up. He could feel it now, his predator nature taking over, taking control over his human side. God dammit. He never knew anything to push him over the edge so quickly.

That's when he smelt it.

Something sweet. Something familiar.

His scrambled mind was instantly able to recall the unfamiliar scent. It was the same scent he smelt a few days ago, when he was hunting with his friends. He couldn't figure out where the scent had come from then. He had assumed an animal, but it couldn't be an animal if the scent was in the school with him.

No, not just inside the school.

It was much closer than that. It was just here. Just feet away.

He could feel his eyes shifting as he glanced around the gym. His human nature was fading, so too was his natural blue eyes. In seconds, if he didn't get a grip, he knew his eyes would be entirely surrounded with silver rings.

At first glance, there wasn't anything really that stood out. It was just an average gym class. Coach Flores was belittling a fellow wolf that couldn't make a basket, while simultaneously cheering another girl who was making every hoop. These were kids he spent the entire year with.

No, he realised as his eyes, now entirely silver, homed in a slim brunette on the far side of the court. Not everyone was a familiar face. The brunette was laughing with Sam and Abby, two humans he never even spoke to before. Then, her demeanour changed entirely.

Isaac was well aware of every curve of her body as she turned towards him. Yep, she was definitely unfamiliar. His body convulsed as something clicked in place. It felt right. Natural. Warm and welcoming.

As he watched the unfamiliar brunette, he saw she was having a similar reaction. Her brown doll eyes widened as he stepped towards her. He wanted to be there. Right next to her. He didn't like how close that Sam kid stood with her. His arm brushed against the brunette's fair skin and Isaac felt a possessive growl ruptured from his throat. He wanted to kill anyone that touched such a godly creature.