Chapter 7

Lagos Nigeria.
7th January, 2023.

"Keziah?!"

I had just told Jasmine about Keziah's approach to me yesterday over lunch and she was staring at me like she just saw a ghost.

"He talked to you?!" she screeched again.

"What's the big deal?" I asked  confused.

"No one talks to him. He's really dangerous." she said, "there are even rumours that he's part of a cult group. He has only two friends and no one messes with either of them." she whispered with wide eyes.

I nodded slowly. I have never been the kind of person to believe rumours so I just overlooked what she said.

"Wait, what did he say to you?" she asked.

"He only introduced himself and said he'll see me around. That's all." I shrugged.

"Wow, well I've always thought he's hot so you just bagged yourself a man." Jasmine whistled and I shook my head negatively.

"I don't have the time for guys. Besides, he didn't look at me like he wanted to be more than friends." I said honestly. He looked like he was searching for a platonic friendship.

"Just be careful. Even if he wants to be more than friends, I support. The guy fine die." she said and I laughed.
(The guy is very fine.)

The bell rung, signalling the end of lunch break and we left the cafeteria. The next period was further maths, a subject I do not offer, so Jasmine and I parted ways. Jasmine is also an art student but for some reason, she chose to offer the subject.

I decided to go to the library. I took a seat and brought out my sketchpad to begin sketching.

"You draw?" a male voice said. I lifted my head to see Keziah staring at my sketchpad.

"Hey." I said, smiling softly. He chuckled.

"Do you draw?" He repeated,taking a seat beside me, his woody scent enveloping my floral one.

"Yh, I do" I nodded. He took the sketchpad from me and flipped through the pages.

"Just shoes?" he asked.

"Yes, this sketchpad is just for my shoe designs. The other one for random drawings is at home." I replied

"You want to become a designer?"

"I want to own my own shoe line one day."I said, beaming with pride. He nodded in understanding.

"These designs are really nice. I trust you'll make it big." He said, handing my pad back to me.

"Thanks." I took the sketchpad and kept it in my bag, zipping the bag shut after.

"So what's with the accent? Weren't you born in Nigeria?" he asked.

"How did you know I was born here?" I asked curiously.

"Just a guess." he shrugged.

"I was, infact, born here but after my birth, we moved to London." I said shortly.

"Your accent isn't British though, it sounds American." he took a comb from his pocket and shoved it into his hair.

"Oh that's because I spent a lot of time in America." I hoped he wouldn't question further so I won't be put in a tight spot and thankfully, he just nodded. I took that as my cue to change the subject.

"So why aren't you in a class?. I haven't seen you in art class and you're also not in SS3 Ruby."

"I'm a science student but I don't offer further maths and you don't see me in Ruby because I'm in Emerald." he said, rocking his chair.

"Oh." I was out of words so I just nodded.

"Why are you in Nigeria all of a sudden?" he asked.

"How did you know I just got to Nigeria?" I retorted, squinting my eyes at him.

"Just another guess." he shrugged again and I rolled my eyes.

"My mum wanted a change of environment. " I lied. He stopped rocking his chair.

"Your mum?" he asked incredulously, almost in disbelief. He looked shocked and I wondered why he was so surprised.

"Yes." I replied and he nodded. He looked deep in thought.

"Enough about me. Tell me about you." I said.

"What do you want to know?" he asked.

"How old are you?" I asked dumbly and he laughed at my question.

"Eighteen." I nodded silently

"I'm seventeen. Are you the only child?" he tensed a bit then shook his head negatively. I figured it was a sensitive topic so I dropped it.

"Favorite colour?"

"Black."

"Black is not a colour!" I exclaimed and he just stared at me.

I asked him a lot of questions and he did some. By the end of the period, we had known a lot about each other. He seemed nice enough to be a friend and I was glad I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
Hey Fam!

How do you like this chapter?

I was going to ask, what do you think about the name Keziah?I actually used a whole day thinking of a name to give him. Then I was reading my Bible and I saw the name and I liked it of course, so it was used!

Also, what do you think about Keziah? Do you believe the rumours?

Please do not forget to vote and follow if you haven't.

I love you all, you're chosen by God. He has amazing plans for your life!

See y'all next chapter!