Chapter 16

1st February, 2023.
Lagos, Nigeria.

"There is no way in hell I'm wearing a onesie!"

There was an outburst of laughter as Aaron exclaimed. It was Monday morning and I had just told my friends in the classroom while waiting for the assembly bell, about my mum's idea for us all to put on onesies for Benji's birthday. The boys were totally against the idea.

"It'll be super cute," Jasmine squealed with excitement and Jacob knocked her.

"You both are girls, of course it'll look cute on you guys. We, on the other hand," he paused dramatically, "we're going to look like morons!" Keziah completed.

"Come on guys, don't be killjoys," Jasmine pleaded.

"No can do," Aaron deadpanned.

"Arielle, it's not compulsory right?," Joshua asked calmly and I shook my head in negative response.

"It's not actually compulsory. My mum said it wasn't since she predicted you will not like the idea," I laughed.

"Thank God," Keziah whispered and I looked at him. He had not looked me in the eye since we met this morning and I planned to talk to him later.

"Assembly time, people!!," the time prefect shouted going outside our class to ring the alarm.

<><><><><><>
"Wait, Keziah wait!"

It was closing period. While waiting in the reception for Mr Jason to arrive, I spotted Keziah walking towards the school bus and ran like my life depended on it blocking his path.

"Woah, flash. Where did you appear from?," he asked sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"Haha, very funny. Why have you been avoiding me and what was that apology about yesterday?"

"Well, It's n-not everyt-time you have someone...," he stammered and I raised a brow in confusion.

"You know what, just forget it," I laughed.

"Senior Keziah!," a boy who looked to be in in JSS2 ran up to us, panting heavily.

"I was told to call Senior Arielle but I don't know who she is. The secretary is calling her," he said hurriedly.

"She's right here," Keziah gestured towards me.

"Oh okay. Senior Arielle, the secre-"

"I'm sure she got it the first time, the school bus is waiting for you. Go," he ordered and I looked at him with disapproval as the boy fled to the bus.

"Rude," I said and he shrugged.

"Are you going home now?"

"No, I actually have something to give to the secretary, so let's go."

On getting to the secretary's office, we sat waiting because she was not on seat. After some time, she came out of the principal's office with a folder in her hand and we stood at her presence.

"Oh great, you guys are here. I was going to send for you too, Keziah. I assume you're with the schedule, right?"

"Yes ma," he gave her a sheet of paper and she collected it.

"This will do," she said, nodding in approval before turning to me.

"Something got delivered to the school for you during lunch," she said, stooping to pull out a hamper.

"For me?"

"You're Arielle Benson, aren't you?" she asked sassily and I felt the urge to smack her face.

"Did the delivery guy say who it's from?," I asked as I collected it from her reluctantly and she sighed.

"No, but there should be a note in it."

I looked down at the large wicker basket, wrapped in glossy paper in a deep shade of emerald green. A big, fluffy bow in gold sat on top, adding a touch of elegance. Inside, there was a treasure trove of goodies, all nestled in soft tissue paper. There were chocolates nestled in their own little box, and the sodas were sparkling in their glass bottles. Everything looked enticing and luxurious. There was a small note tied to the handle.

To the one who bears my name, yet knows me not. That is, if your mother even gave you my name. I know you well. I have watched from afar, studying your every move. Your life is like a game to me, and I play it well. You think you are safe, but you are not. I am always near, and I am always watching. You cannot escape me, for I am everywhere. Your days are numbered, and your time is short. Be afraid, for I am coming for you..."
                                          ~M.

I felt chills after reading the note. Keziah read the note and went rigid immediately. I tugged at his  school sweater.

"It's okay, I'm safe."

...•••...•••
April, 2003.
Oyo, Nigeria.

"This is the most disorganized company I've ever seen," the young man grumbled as he walked towards the elevator. A beautiful young lady was standing in front of the elevator waiting for it to be unoccupied and he stood beside her, still grumbling.

"Hey, are you okay? You're new right?" she asked him softly.

"Yes, I just resumed this morning. I was employed as PA to the CEO. All of a sudden I was told to be the managervs secretary all because the damn CEO wants a female PA. I'm sure it's one useless old hag," he complained and the woman looked at him amusingly. The elevator dinged and they got in going to the top floor for a board meeting.

On arriving at the board room, some people were already seated and they stood on seeing the lady. The man looked at her in confusion before his eyes widened in realization. She smiled and looked at his ID before speaking.

"Mr. Mide, it's nice to meet you. I am Ms. Bello. The 'damn' CEO of De-Maria wears," she said in amusement and his mouth fell open in shock.

‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
We've finally seen how Arielle's mother and Mide met guyss!

How do you like this chapter.
Let me know in the comments.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

I love you all. You're chosen by God and He has amazing plans for your life.

See you next chapter!