everything is going to be sunshine and rainbows

BELLE

Maybe I should wear my hair up instead? It looks messy down. But up looks messier. Jesus Christ.

I have been standing in front of the mirror attached to my dresser for the past twenty minutes trying to figure out how to style my hair. It shouldn't even be that serious. I'm just going over to Theo's. Only I'm not just going over to Theo's

Everyone I used to be friends with as a kid will be there. I equally left all of them as I left Theo. It just hurt Theo more because... well, he was my Theo. I know they probably all were there for him and whatnot. So they probably all hate me now. Which is most likely why I'm stressing out so much.

I settle on wearing my hair down, no use in applying any effort. I put on a pair of wide leg jeans and a tight long sleeve crop top before heading downstairs. My mom and dad are cuddled on the couch watching one of those crime shows that seem almost too realistic. Bep is in one of the reclining chairs, stoic as ever, watching with them. I chuckle to myself seeing him there.

My mom turns her attention to me, and smiles at me. "You look lovely. Are you heading over to Theodore's?"

I nod my head. "Hopefully I don't get assassinated when I walk in there."

My dad rolls his eyes. "Don't be dramatic, hun. You're all just a bunch of teenagers. If you get uncomfortable, you're just across the lawn."

"No leaving that house, Miss Graves," Bep orders me.

"You can call me Anabelle, Bep," I assure him and he nods. "I don't plan on leaving."

"Don't let them spread news that you're here either. I don't want a call from Haley. Or another visit. I'm sure you don't either," he tells me.

"Okay," I nod. I tell my parents goodbye and start heading over to Theo's

Next thing I know, I'm knocking on his front door, my heart racing a million miles a minute. I remember when I would just barge in here, not even bothering with a knock. Or I would knock, but then barge in anyway. Theo's mom never minded anyway.

The door opens, and Gavin Freedman is standing there in front of me and his mouth drops open. Theo clearly didn't tell anyone that I was coming. He scans me from head to toe and I start to squirm a bit beneath his gaze. 

Gavin was, and I would assume still is, one of Theo's best friends. He always used to tease me when we were younger, but not in a way that made me run away crying or anything. Just like most boys do when you're kids. 

However, now he's looking at me like I'm a piece of meat and he's dying to jump on me at any given moment.

"Belle Graves?"

"Hi, Gavin," I say shyly with a small smile. "And it's Annabella. You can just call me Annabella. Belle is just a stage name."

He's still gawking at me from the doorway. "What the hell are you doing here?"

I cock and eyebrow and look at him. "As in the state or on Theodore's doorstep."

"Shit, I mean, both I guess."

I shrug. "Just needed a break from everything. Theo invited me here tonight. I hope that's okay."

"That's absolutely more than okay," he grins and leans against the doorway.

"Dear lord, Gavin," a girls voice travels from inside the house. "Theo wants to know what the-"

She stops when she sees me and turns ghostly white. Gianna Apolonia is standing next to Gavin and she looks...just as beautiful as she always has. Her long golden brown hair is tied up in a bun and she has no trace of makeup on her face. She tilts her head to look at me. "Annabella?"