𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑 𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

[Since the campers are like in 4th grade (a bit higher for some of them), let's say their summer vacation starts in in the middle of May so it could be easier to the storyline.]

" And now all we have to do is wait for the results.." (Y/n) smiled at the boy sitting in the passenger seat as he eat his ice cream cone.

After her revelation a few days ago, when David drove everyone back to Camp Campbell, (Y/n) was quick to get in contact with one of her job friends who agreed to do this small favour for her without all the paperwork.

So after a small lie of getting groceries for the camp, (Y/n) drove herself and Max to her friend's medical office and gave the samples for DNA testing.

So after giving a bit of blood and a lock of their hair, she went to the supermarket in the big city and did some shopping so as not to raise suspicion.

And now she was on the way back to Camp Campbell.

" He said we should have the results by the day David planned Parents' Day.. or maybe a bit later but we'll see.." She smiled with a small shrug as she saw the Camp Campbell sign and make a turn towards Lake Lilac.

Max turned to her and grinned too, lightly scratching the small band-aid that was on his right arm. He may not have liked the syringe in his arm, but he was glad he had an ice cream for his courage for facing his fear of needles.

" Finish your ice cream, we almost made it to camp." (Y/n) made a final right turn and saw the entrance of Camp Campbell in view.

Passing through the entrance, she went to park near the counselor cabin and turned her car off. " There we go." She grinned and opened her door, stepping out after unclipping her seatbelt.

Max followed still eating his ice cream, stepping out the passenger seat and went to her side as she opened the trunk and took the small groceries out of her car.

" Don't want everyone to be jealous.." She winked at the boy as she took the box of ice cream. Then once all the groceries were in her hands, she closed the door and locked her car.

" You should go take a shower. It's still pretty early, there should be plenty of hot water just for you." She giggled and leaned down to ruffled his hair then start walking to the Mess Hall with the bags.

" Try not to draw attention to yourself. Don't want nosy people asking where you were this early.." Max nodded and went toward his tent to get a new change of clothes.

.
.

" HELLO CO-COUNSELOR !!" David yelled out as he noticed (Y/n) storing the groceries. She turned to him with a small grin.

" Oh, hey Red. What got you more enthusiastic than usual ?" She asked as she took her 'Counselor #3' mug and drink her tea.

" Today's very special! It's Mother's Day !!" David smiled, as (Y/n)'s warm face turned into a scowl.

" What ?" She clenched her mug so hard that it broke in her hands, but she was indifferent by it.

~~

If there was a day that (Y/n) despise more than her own birthday, it was Mother's Day.
Because it just reminded her of her own awful mother and the fact her baby was kidnapped.

" Okay kiddos! Today's Mother's Day and we'll prepare some gifts for your mothers !" David smiled widely as per usual. " So grab a box and make your gift ! We'll send them when they're ready."

After a good breakfast, the campers were seated outside under some trees with the counselors around them. For this special day, David thought of letting the children make their own gift.