𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

The last two days were..interesting..to say the least.

With Nurf's camp activity, which it ended with bandaged hands for David,
and Harrison's failed magic trick who made Max really sick. It was obvious that Camp Campbell will never change.

After the magic trick gone wrong, Max surely didn't want to be around the other campers, especially Harrison. Speaking of which, the magician was grounded in his tent for doing this to Max.

Though he apologized for the accident, Harrison will not practice any magic for a few days and will eat QM's potatoes as a punishment.

As for Nurf who was both slapped by David (on accident) and (Y/n) (on purpose to teach him a lesson), all the knifes he carry was confiscated by his curly counselor and he would also eat QM's potatoes for stabbing David's hands.

.
.

Gwen slammed the door open, looking around crazily like she was looking for something or someone.. but she only saw (Y/n) humming behind the counter as she was making brownies.

" (Y/N) !! HAVE YOU -" The curly haired woman interrupted, looking as unbothered as always. "- Seen Max ? No, sorry." Gwen seemed to grow even paler as she couldn't find the boy.

" Don't worry, Gwen. Y'know how Max is. He always wanders through the forest when he wants to avoid everyone.." (Y/n) smiled warmly as always as she cut the huge brownie into squares.

" He'll be back, don't worry too much." Gwen sighed but nodded at her friend.

" Fine, but if you see that litte shit, you better tell me !" (Y/n) nodded and stared at her friend's back as she stormed out the Mess Hall. The curly counselor then kept humming as she put the newly made brownies on a plate.

Then she smiled brightly, definitively amused, when a small tan hand appeared from her jacket, took one brownie off the plate, and then disappeared back in her jacket.

(Y/n) giggled and unzipped her jacket to let more air come in for the intruder. Max's fluffy hair ticked her chin as he slightly moved to be more comfortable in his kangaroo pouch-like comfy place that was her baggy jacket.

The boy took a bite of the sweet and then looked up from the screen of (Y/n)'s tablet with a small grin. The counselor smiled, seeing the irony of Gwen not noticing the extra weight on her when she checked on her.

Guess the counter kinda hid the part where the child was quietly watching cartoons in his favourite counselor's jacket.
But she wasn't mad at Gwen for not noticing. The child is small for his age, and the jacket is literally twice (almost thrice) the volume of the woman who wore it.

" Having fun in there ?" (Y/n) asked the child in her jacket who was sitting there, clearly comfortable in his position.

Max grinned and nodded, seeming happy of his new comfy spot. (Y/n) smiled and put one hand in her pocket, supporting the child on her more, as she took the plate of brownies in the other.

" C'mon kangaroo baby, the others should get a taste before you eat everything on them.." The counselor grinned and started walking out of the kitchen as Max just zipped her jacket back up to her chest, hiding him again as he liked not being noticed.

~~

" I still don't think that's a good idea, Red. I told you.. They won't do anything until they get something, too.." (Y/n) frowned at her redhead friend as they walked to the activity field.

As much as she likes David's positivity, she also knew that her campers would most likely not be as enthusiastic to know they get a bonfire as a 'prize'.