Chapter fourteen

Olivia Pov
I sat down at my desk staring at the last picture I have of Elliot and the kids playing in the backyard. I felt a tear fall down my cheek.
"Everyone gather around. We have a new case and its top priority. Personally requested by 1PP. Former officer Dani Beck was found brutally murdered in a parking lot in New Jersey." Don said
I heard everyone whisper that's what she gets for killing Elliot.
"Liv, can you take this case." Don asked
"Definitely not." I said
"Olivia it's been two years. Maybe this will give you some peace." he said gently
"I can't, I just can't. I wish I had done it for Elliot. I wish I had killed her if I had gotten the chance." I sobbed lightly
I put my head on the desk and just cried.
"I'm sorry Liv. C'mon lets go up to roof and gets some air." Brian said softly
I didn't tell Maureen that I have been seeing Brian privately, I didn't want her to make a big fuss about it.
When we got to the roof Brian held me in his arms and kisses my hair.
"Everything is going to be alright." he cooed in my ear
**********************
"Night babies." I said softly as I watched the twins eyes fall droopy
"Night mommy. Goodnight Daddy, wherever you are." Oliver whispered
I turned the nightlight on before gently closing the door. I sat down with a glass of wine and relaxed with my family photo album in my lap tarting with the very first picture of me, Maureen and Elliot at the park, then my wedding day. I was such a nervous wreck, I nearly spelt wine on my red dress during our toast. I can still remember our first dance to "all I need " and the flashing cameras everywhere. My mother and father deciding to announce their vow renewal ceremony in their anniversary that same year.Everything about my eleven years of marriage was completely blissful. I started crying when I saw the pictures of Elliot rubbing my belly when we first found out about the twins. I curled up into a ball tightly holding myself almost holding myself together, keeping myself from emotionally breaking. I fell asleep crying.
**********************
I woke up to the smell of coffee and pancakes, I figured Maureen felt like making breakfast this morning. I got in the shower, washing my hair. After I was done I blowed dried my long brown hair, thinking maybe it was time to get a color change. Then I took the curler, curling some loose curls in my hair before finally putting on my grey pant suit with a black loose silk top. All if a sudden I heard Maureen scream.
I rushed downstairs to the kitchen to see Elliot standing there making breakfast.
The kids all were hugging him and crying. I stood there crying. The kids let go of him and he slowly walked up to me. He tucked my long curly hair behind my ear.
"I missed you Olivia. I love you and I've been waiting two years to say that again." Elliot says softly
"I love you too." I replied softly
Elliot slowly but urgently pressed his lips to mine. The kiss that made me know that this is real and Elliot was actually standing I front of me.