«THIRTY-FIVE»

AUTHOR'S P.O.V.

New day and the biggest day for manik and f4 company. manik and his friends were supper pumped for the meeting.

"manik wait have this dahi chini ...for good luck" nandini shouted from the kitchen when manik was leaving.

"nandini you know na I don't believe in this superstition.." manik said

"I know you don't but for me please " nandini made a cute face. manik couldn't deny this and had it

"okay I am leaving also all the best for your new semester I hope u get great lecturer. I will call you once we are done." manik said and he left for the meeting.

manik, cabir, dhruv, arya and abhi met near active srp headquarters . cabir went to the guys and said

"come bois this is it. today is the d day of our efforts and we are going to win it."

"for sure we are winning. after this manik we need a grand celebration from u!" arya demanded

"offcourse we will cabir will throw that party ! " manik said with a sarcastic smile and he went inside the head quarters while the others followed him.

f4 went to the reception where they were recievd by active srp head manager

"I am so sorry manik that we had to prepond the dates and thank u for still being present" the manager started with the apologies

"no problems sir , its our work to be ready for any situations , did the others arrived?" manik inquiyred

"actually we have final demo only between u and super m coz the director didn't find potential in others" the manager replied

manik was kind of surprised but it was a win win situation for him less competition but he should not think high coz super m is notorious. they are known for winning deals in whatever way they want and manik's company being new in business also manik declining their offer , manik knew he added fuel to the fire, but he ignored all the negative thoughts and decided to focus on his presentation.

Manik entered the presentation room where he saw his team was doing a tech check and he saw Harshad sitting across the table with his team. h was kind off surprised to see Harshad because he had no idea that Harshad was related to super-m .

"manik we are done . everything is all right" cabir's voice broke manik's chain of thoughts . listening to cabir's comment manik also sat at his place and patiently waiting for the director to arrive. while manik was busy in his own thought process presenting Harshad was able to keep his mind calm.

When he saw manik all the moments in his head played as a movie. how manik denied his father, his cousin being fascinated by him and the girl he liked being manik's girlfriend. He was not able to digest the picture perfect image of manik and the fact that manik is better than him He considered himself always as a superior so when manik entered he was ready to nail manik down too.

There was an unspoken eye conversation between manik and Harshad which both were not ready to lose. while all this was the atmosphere of the conference room, the director arrived.

"hello gentlemen , a warm welcome to you all from active - srp" the director wished everyone . after everyone were settled the director said

"gentlemen first of all thank you for aggreging to preponed the meeting as I have to leave for Germany today at 3 p.m. I really appreciate you all. first super- m will start with the presentation and then f4 . I hope you have no issues" the director ended his saying as a closed statement leaving no room for objection. Harshad had no choice to reply but to present first .

Harshad left his seat and started to present . while Harshad was presenting manik found a lot of loopholes in his work but stayed silent. he saw that Harshad had some unknown anger and hate towards him but he didn't knew the reason. all manik thought was just because of competition.

After Harshad was done presenting it was manik's turn . even though no that firm believer in God manik took blessings of God and closed his eyes, took a deep breath and stated to present his model. while explaining he could see that the director was impressed by manik's skills and his game .. he could see his friends with broad smiles.

While manik was presenting his ppt suddenly his game stopped. cabir and rest F4 members panicked. since the presentation was going smoothly they didn't expect any thing like this. they looked at manik to see his reaction but he was as cool as a cucumber.

Manik knew that super m might got dirty to win so he was well prepared. the current situation was as such that there was a to many players in one server that resulted the program to hang. while the others didn't think of this situation manik thought of this a day before presenting so he made sure to find a solution for this and he did .

Within 1 minute the game resumed with new servers unlocked and manik explained the entire situation to them. The director was highly impressed by manik's presence of mind and as soon as manik was done with presenting , the director without a second thought declared F4 as the winner and decided to partner with them for the re modelling a legendary game under their company.

"I am so proud of you manik and your team . At a small age you are able to achieve such great heights" the director congratulated.

"thank you so much sir" manik replied.

"I really wanted to stay but I have flight, the paperwork will be done by Mr. Mehta ( the manager) and I will see you soon" the director said and he left the cabin.

while one side there was victory celebration the other was extreme dark. for obvious reasons Harshad was not ready to accept his defeat. even though he didn't plan to sabotage manik's game and he thought everything was natural still manik's victory was difficult to digest. Harshad left the cabin after the director left.

F4 was feeling euphoric all their hard work , patience lead to today's victory. manik went to sign the deal paper and when he came back F4 and abhi rushed towards him

"we did it manik ! I am so proud! " cabir exclaimed

"yes fuck finally I can sleep calmly now" arya said

manik laughed at his friends antics and said

"yes guys we did it ! I need to share this news with Nandini first . you guys today at 8 we are going to socials get your girlfriends too "

The boys nodded and manik called Nandini

Nandini since morning was waiting for that one call even though it was her first day of the semester her entire attention was towards her cell phone. when she received the call she answered it on the second bell.

"guess you were to eager love" manik said

"don't make fun of me lord. did u get the deal ?" Nandini asked

"about that meet me at my place in half hour I want to tell you face to face." manik announced

"okay" Nandini repleid and she ended the call

Nandini could have asked why manik a=wanted her there? was all gud or not? but knowing manik she knew that it was waster and her going there would answer all of her questions so Nandini without a second thought left for manik's place.

..................E.O.C. ........................

: how was the chpt?

:whats yr fav part?

:I hope I did justice to the background feelings of manik , Nandini and Harshad

: do vote and comment

: love amy ❤️