Where the Cave Stood

"Hey, Ces-Clover. Hey Clover?" Mark was still getting used to calling someone who looked so similar  to Cesar something other than Cesar. "Yeah?"

"Why do I feel a strong feeling pulling me towards the cave.." 

Clover's pupil narrowed (like a cat's) as he looked Mark dead in the eyes. "Promise me you will never go near that place." He grabbed Mark by the shoulders, shaking him slightly.

"W-what?? Why???"

Clover lets go of Mark. "I can't let him die..not like the others...not like her." He kept that thought to himself. "Please..just promise me..." Clover was slowly breaking. He was shaking as tears started filling his eyes. He couldn't bear see someone who was nice to him, someone who treated him better than the others...perish and join the many who have died at the cave. Not anymore. "P-please.." he gently took Mark's hand in his shaky hand, giving it a gentle but trembling squeeze. 

Seeing how much of a reaction he had caused, Mark felt guilty. Maybe he shouldn't have asked. But it was pretty late for that. He placed a hand on his shoulder, picking a nearby 3 leaved clover and placing it in Clover's hand. 

"I..promise."

I read too much junji ito maniac someone help I'm obsessed and now the only thing I can think of is cave after that one chapter with the fingers becoming tomie 😭