A trip down memory lane Part 1

Bendy was watching.

You knew this, and it terrified you. Possibly more than anything else in this damned place. You and Henry were locked in an abandoned cartoon studio, with no other idea how to get out except to start up that cursed machine that Joey Drew had made. You didn't even know if that would work! And now you knew that some how, Joey had managed to bring the cartoons to life! He'd killed one. He'd killed one, and the other was watching you. Toying with you. It had been the minute you stepped into the studio.

You stared at your old plush and shook your head, refusing to cry again. Not again. Not when you knew he was watching. You refused to give him the satisfaction. You needed to find the rest of the 'tributes' or whatever, and get out of here! Shoving the plush in your pocket, you forced your legs to move, continuing your search. You'd made your way back to that makeshift projector area you had seen when you first arrived, and began to look around. A drawing of Bendy was etched into a desk, and seeing it made you wrinkle your nose. After this, you didn't want to see another Bendy for as long as you lived. Hell, you might even lock this plushy into your closet and never...hey. What was that?

Crouching down, you saw a book sitting between the table and the chair. It wasn't too large, with a black cover, and written in swirling white letters it read: The illusion of Living, by Joey Drew.

Joey Drew.

That son of a bitch.

Here you were! Your first day at Meatly studios, and you felt like you were going to faint! How you managed to land this gig, you had no idea, but you couldn't have been happier, and neither could your family. Life as immigrants was a hard one, and opportunities like this were few and in between. You couldn't mess this up, you just couldn't. Taking a deep breath, you glanced inside your purse to see the little stuffed Bendy your mother had made you. Filled with a sudden surge of DETERMINATION, you hurried up the steps, even hopping over a few as you went and pushed open the door to the studio.

It was like a carnival. Music and laughter hit you the minute the door was open. You could see people running about, papers and charts and story boards tucked under their arms as they ran from places unknown to places even more unknown. There was no receptionist desk, just the hallway leading towards all the commotion. You fell your knees go weak. So many people you didn't know. So many people who wanted this show to go good just as badly as you did. What if you were bad at this? What if you let everyone down?

"Miss (L/N)?"

You squeaked and turned a little too quickly, losing your balance and having to catch yourself before you could fall. Standing before you, with slicked back black hair and a bit of stubble on his chin was none other than Joey Drew himself. He had found you at your mothers restaurant, where you were singing happy birthday to some children. He's approached you after your shift had ended, and immediately offered you a position as a voice actor for his show. Practically begged. You had never thought of yourself as much of a singer, but the money he offered was good, and honestly? It sounded like a dream come true. "M-Mr. Drew! Hello!" "Please, just call me Joey. I am so glad you came. This is going to be great, Miss (L/N), just great! I know it was short notice, but when I heard you, I knew you were the voice I had to have for this cartoon. I refuse to take anyone else."

Liar.