Chapter Four ~ Silence

{Chapter IV ~ Silence}

Vahaevon was listening to the celebration, his youngest brother had been born. A boy named Lucerys. A boy with Strong features or whatever that meant.

The boy was no longer the scandal of the Keep, he may be blind but he looked like he was part of the Royal Family, unlike his brothers.

He didn't understand this, much like he didn't understand a lot of things. When he asked his uncles, they answered with colours and this made Vahaevon feel stupid.

What did silver blond look like? What does brown look like? He doesn't know, nor does he try, he only knows what he hears and he hears a lot.

He heard rumors from both the servants, the knights and the nobles. They assumed the blind boy to be stupid or even deaf.

He wasn't stupid and he certainly wasn't deaf, he was in fact very clever and heard everything, even the things he didn't want to.

"A toast to my new grandson! May he grow strong and wise!" His grandfather, a man that was blind to the obvious.

"Heer! Heer!" The crowd of nobles had cheered, they had gathered for the celebration and for the tourney that was to take place.

It was another privilege for any of the royal children born, tourneys and celebrations.

Nearly every year, the children and the grandchildren of the king got a week of celebrations and tourneys, except for Vahaevon of course. There was no point to waste money on a person that cannot see what it is spend on.

"My prince, you are the image of beauty and loneliness" The years had been very kind to Vahaevon's appearance, even so there had been no proposals of marriage, but there had been other type of proposals.

Vahaevon knew what people desired of him, though he is only five. He was beautiful enough to have people make assumptions about his future appearance.

"I know that you'll never find loneliness in the company of my good self, my beautiful prince"

Vahaevon felt himself grow beyond uncomfortable at the words of Jason Lannister, every year the man was practically on his hands and knees sucking either his grandsire's or his mother's cock in hopes of recieving any form of Valyrian blood in his house.

"I apologize, Ser, but I am to stay here at the Keep and remain here until my father decides otherwise" Vahaevon had to be smart in order to be safe, if he was stupid then he would be discarded.

They had no use for a blind and mindless boy, even with his bloodline. So everyday Vahaevon spent time in the library having a maester or septa read to him of everything that was deemed important.

"And I deem it such a pity, you deserve to be in a place that reflects your own beauty"

"Do not worry, I am certain that one day I shall visit such a beautiful place that even I can see it" Vahaevon said, trying to please the man in hopes he would leave soon.

Jason let out a scoff at the words from the prince, it made Vahaevon twitch and shuffle on his feet.

"The day that you shall have sight will be the day a woman is of higher standing than man" Vahaevon bowed his head, his cheeks alight with embarrassment.

Luckily a Prince decided to come to his rescue.

"Nephew, they are about to serve lemon cakes!" 10 year old Aegon had almost shoved the Lannister male to the side as he got to his favorite nephew.

Vahaevon smiled brightly at his uncle and held out his hand, his uncles gently took it and started guiding him to the table.

Jason refrained from glaring at the young boys, knowing that there's a pair of eyes on him waiting for him to make a mistake.

In the meanwhile Vahaevon and Aegon were joined by Aemond, who had recently turned seven.

They were seated, silently observing and listening to the festives while eating the lemon cakes that had been served.

They sat either watching or listening to their sire and grandsire making a grand speeches about his grandchildren, the ones that weren't blind.

"At least the lemon cakes are good" Vahaevon tried to cheer up, but to no avail.

"What would it take for him to look at us?" Aemond questioned, he was the second son of the King and was excelling in his studies, yet it was not enough.

He doubted that the King had noticed the absence of his youngest child, Dearon. Who had been sent to Old Town to live with the Hightowers.

"It would take us growing wings and breathing fire" Aegon said as he snatched a goblet of wine from a passing servant.

"And probably gaining sight" Vahaevon added as Aemond pressed the rim of a goblet filled with milk as he they weren't allowed to drink yet.

"I do not think that he would pay attention even if we did"

"Such is life" Aegon mumbled as he threw the goblet back.

"Why do you sound so old?"

Aegon and Aemond turned to Jacaerys, whilst Vahaevon kept staring ahead, slightly turning to show he was paying attention.

"Because we are troubled" Jacaerys blinked owlishly before taking a seat next to them, gaining an eye roll from Aemond and a huff from Aegon.

"I will sit with you, you sound old and that means you are me-... Mature! And I have to be mature, because I'll be king someday!" Jacaerys said proudly, his chest puffed out.

He seemed more like a Lannister with the amount of pride he had. It seemed like Rhaenyra was already certain of her claim, despite people not truly supporting het.

Vahaevon had heard the whispers, his mother was unfit for the throne unless she grows a cock and her spawn didn't come from his father's seed.

It made Vahaevon question if he was truly his fathers child. Apparently he looked a lot more like the late Queen Aemma than either of his parents.

"I thought Vahaevon would first in line?" Aemond sounded confused before turning to Aegon, who already knew the truth as much as Vahaevon did.

"Of course not! He's blind and halfway mindless! Mother told me so!"

Vahaevon did not believe words could cut any deeper than a blade, until those words fell from his brother's lips.

Half-brother's lips.