Arriving at college

They pulled up to the dorm Avneet was assigned to which was a three story red brick building right in the middle of campus with rows and rows of windows and not much special about it.

Siddharth grabbed a couple of her suitcases and bags out of his trunk and she grabbed the rest of her stuff and they started heading inside. The lobby was full of students and their parents standing around with luggage, hugging and saying goodbye with tears in their eyes. She knew her Mom would've been that way, insisting on dropping her off and hugging her four times while she cried. That thought hit her hard so she looked over at Siddharth and tried not to think about it.

"I'm on the top floor in room 605. I wonder if my roommate's here yet?"

"You have a roommate?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Do you think they're gonna be pissed about you waking up screaming in the middle of the night?"

"Ugh, you're right. I didn't even think about that. I know I'd be pissed if I was her."

"Well maybe you should take my advice and go see a doctor. They can probably give you some medicine to help you sleep so that way your roommate doesn't plot your murder," he teased.

"Maybe. I'll think about it," she sighed. The idea of seeing a doctor and getting officially diagnosed with some disorder and put on medication made her uncomfortable. She kept hoping the night terrors would eventually just go away on their own in time.

When they got up to room 605 she could hear some upbeat pop music coming from inside and she looked over at Siddharth.

"I just hope my roommate's not a bitch," she said, suddenly feeling nervous.

Siddharth laughed. "Yeah. Heaven forbid you make friends with a girl for once."

She knocked and the door flew open and standing in front of her was a beautiful 6 foot tall Glamazon with long blond hair, wearing a pair of booty shorts and a Boston University t-shirt that was tight enough to show off her double D's.

"Aaaaahhhh!" she squealed, stepping forward and pulling Avneet into a tight hug and bouncing up and down. "I'm so excited to finally meet you!" she told her in a thick Southern accent, revealing her perfect straight white teeth when she smiled. She had a full face of makeup complete with false lashes.

"I'm excited to meet you too," Avneet said awkwardly with a pained smile. She didn't have any sisters or female friends so sometimes she felt awkward around other girls. She was really going to make an effort with her though because she wanted to get along with her roommate and be friends.

She looked over at her roommate's half of the dorm room and it was already decorated with a lacy comforter, hot pink pillows, a pile of stuffed animals and a hundred pictures were strung up on string surrounded by twinkle lights.

"I'm Ember O'Donnell. I'm a Freshman. And you're Avneet, right?" she asked, looking her up and down with her big blue eyes.

"Yeah. Avneet Kaur," she nodded. "I'm a Freshman too."

She saw Ember's eyes move to Siddharth behind her and she looked him up and down and her eyes widened.

"And this is Siddharth Nigam. He's going here too," she told her.

"Hi. Nice to meet you," Ember said.

Siddharth smiled and nodded his head. "Nice to meet you too. Avneet where should I sit your stuff?"

She had forgotten he had his arms so full. "Oh sorry. You can sit it right here on my bed. I'll unload it here in a bit."

"Ok."

He unloaded everything and then looked at Ember and back at Avneet. "Well I'm gonna go get my room set up. I'll catch later avni." up with you

"Ummm. Yeah. That sounds good."