Reunion

"Oh my Gosh! Zander?" she shouted in an excited voice, getting out of the booth and throwing her arms around him.

He was taller than her and she couldn't help but notice how good it felt having his strong arms wrapped around her again and she could feel the muscle tone of his rock hard chest against her. He was definitely in good shape.

She stepped back and looked him up and down and couldn't believe he was really here. This must be a dream. She noticed how handsome he was with his new hairstyle. His blonde hair was long on top and slicked back with the sides buzzed short and he had bright green eyes and smooth tanned skin. He was wearing surf shorts and a loose tank top that showed his strong chest and arms. She noticed he had a big coast guard symbol tattooed on his muscular upper arm.

"Wow," she said in awe. "I can't believe you're really standing here in front of me. It doesn't feel real."

"Yeah I can't believe it either. How have you been?" he asked, with a warm smile, his eyes lighting up.

"Well, I mean. I'm as good as can be expected I guess. I've been having trouble sleeping, really bad nightmares, all that.""Yeah that's understandable," he said softly, looking down. "I'm really sorry about everything. I wish I could've done more."

"No," she said, shaking her head. "You did everything you could Zander. You were amazing."

As she stood there looking at Zander memories started flooding back and she felt her eyes and nose burning, as her eyes filled with tears. She was so overcome with emotion she couldn't speak. She just walked forward and wrapped her arms around him and started crying against his chest, getting choked up.

He wrapped his arms around her and rubbed on her back to comfort her as her tears dampened his shirt and she clung to him sobbing. He held her there for a minute and finally she stepped back and wiped her tears.

"I'm sorry I'm crying. It's just emotional seeing you again. It brings back memories," she sniffled.

"It's alright. I understand," he said softly, looking down into her eyes. His green eyes seemed so soft and caring. "It's so good to see you Avneet. I'm glad to see you're doing okay."Siddharth cleared his throat from beside them and Zander looked over and said, "I'm sorry. We're being rude to your boyfriend."

She turned to look at Siddharth as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

"This isn't my boyfriend. This is my best friend Siddharth."

"Oh sorry. I just assumed," Zander laughed. She noticed he looked pleased to hear that he wasn't her boyfriend.

"Yeah I'm in the friend zone with this one. He's way too good for me," she teased, punching siddharth's arm. "He only dates girls that look like stick thin supermodels that are very high maintenance with the IQ of a raisin. Isn't that right?"

"Whatever," Siddharth said, rolling his eyes at Avneet before looking over at Zander. "So how do you two know each other?"

"Zander works for the Coast Guard. He's the one that rescued me that night. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be standing here."

Siddharth's eyes widened. "Oh wow," he said, looking at Zander with new eyes. He got up out of the booth and shook his hand. "Thank you for rescuing her. You have no idea how much she means to me........... and her family. To a lot of people. I don't know what we would've done if we lost her."

Zander shook his hand and then looked over at her and then back at Siddharth and said, "You're welcome. I'm just glad I was able to get there in time. Then he turned to Avneet and asked, "So are you single then?"

"Yeah I'm single," she said, not able to help the huge smile that appeared on her face.

"Well here. Give me your number so we can go out some time and talk about everything. I'd love to catch up with you some more."