2.

Huey and the rest of them stopped running a few blocks away from the scene. They stopped inside of an alleyway to catch their breath. "Did anyone even get the pills?" Huey asked, and looked around the entire group. "Nah, I didn't." Riley shook his head. "Since when does SpeedBurn roll that deep? Always thought that nigga was a punk."

Riley shrugged his shoulders, peaking his head out of the alleyway, looking out for people. "I don't know, but I know they ain't going to take that lightly." Huey said and stared at Cindy. "Especially cause she stabbed his girl in the stomach." He added. Cindy chuckled. "She was staring me wrong and I wanted to fight too, y'all was makin a bitch jealous."

"None of us can't get caught alone. If you aren't staying at the tenement tonight, I think it's best for y'all to walk each other home and stay with the person. Police goin to be hot roun' here for a bit too." Huey ordered. He surveyed the group, they were all nodding their heads in agreement.
"Good."

"What are we doin now-" Jazmine glanced at her watch, checking the time. "It's five and I'm starvin. Should we hit the mart? It's only a few minutes away." Huey nodded his head. In an instant, the group was back on the streets. Huey, Caesar, and Riley kept their eyes on the lookout, incase they had to run. They were still teenagers, and couldn't be caught off guard, that wasn't their strength.

There used to be four boys and his girl in the group. Hiro and Ming. But, Hiro thought it was good idea to be reckless with Riley one night. They got high off cocaine and stole dealers shit. They beat that kid bad. Once Riley headed back home that night, they caught Hiro walking back to the tenement. He couldn't run fast enough. They ran him down and beat him bad, when they were finished, he didn't even look like Hiro no more. That must've been his wake up call cause he hasn't came around since. They see him around town, but he never stays for long.

The group was walking for a bit before they arrived to Korean-Owned mart. "Just run in there and do the usual-" Huey said to Riley and Caesar. "Grab some chips, meat, and bread. Don't be too slow, we robbed his ass to many times." They nodded and pulled their shirts up, going inside of the store.

Huey, Jazmine, Stacey, and Cindy kept lookout. Cindy and Stacey were wrapped up in their own conversation while Jazmine made her way over to Huey's side again. "You never answered my question, Hue'."

He raised his eyebrow, "About what?" Jazmine smirked. "Don't play stupid with me." She nudged him slightly. "Jaz, yknow you can sleep at the tenement with me tonight. I never stop you."

Jazmine scoffed, side-eyeing Stacey. "Yeah, you never do." Jazmine didn't like Stacey after what Cindy told her about her. She seemed dirty, and always was down to the worst of the drugs. Worse, is that she seemed to bounce around from guy to the another, especially within the group. Riley and Caesar suddenly burst out of the store, handfuls of things. "Run! He got a gun!" Caesar yelled.

The group all began to scatter off down the road, they split up. Huey, Riley, and Cindy went ducking into an alleyway, escaping through there. While, Caesar, Stacey, and Jazmine went scurrying down the road.

The Korean man came outside of the store, shooting at the retreating teens but missing. "Don't you come back!" He yelled.

Huey hadn't never ran faster in his life that gun shot spooked him. He ran for a few more blocks before stopping to catch his breath. "Let's go back to the tenements. We've been out in the open too long." He said, looking around still cautious about this. It was starting to get dark and that's when it was the most dangerous.

"Look!" Riley pointed down the road, Huey and Cindy looked to see what he was pointing at. "It was SpeedBurn and a few other dudes approaching them quickly. "We fighting?" Cindy looked up to Huey and Riley did the same. He shook his head. "They outnumber us. Let's run!" Huey turned and ran into one of the alleys.

The trio heard their pursuers' footsteps pounding on the pavement, and they knew they had to keep moving if they wanted to get away. They sprinted down streets and through alleyways, turning corners and dodging obstacles. SpeedBurn and his friends were hot on their heels, but Huey, Cindy, and Riley were determined not to let them catch up.

As they ran, they heard the sounds of glass breaking and walls crashing down as their pursuers smashed through whatever was in their way. But that didn't slow the trio down; they had to keep going if they wanted to survive.

Cindy was starting to fall behind, struggling to keep up with the others. SpeedBurn was almost on top of her when a stranger appeared out of nowhere, grabbing her arm and pulling her away from his grasp. They continued running, turning another corner, and ducking into a building. They ran up the stairs and burst through a door onto the rooftop.

They could hear their pursuers coming up the stairs behind them as they looked around frantically for a way out. Their eyes landed on a rickety old fire escape attached to the side of the building. Without hesitation, they climbed down as quickly as they could, trying to put as much distance between them and SpeedBurn and his friends.

When they reached the ground, they ran through a narrow alleyway, dodging trash cans and other obstacles. Eventually, they reached the tenement, and had lost SpeedBurn and the others. They went around the back, making sure they weren't being followed before heading inside.

The others were in the back area of the tenement. "Fuck happened with y'all?" Stacey asked. "That nigga Speedburn chased us our asses back up here." Riley said, heaving. "Damn he got you shook up." Caesar chuckled, snorting a line of cocaine. "Nigga, shut the fuck up. Y'all niggas ain't see how many niggas he had."

Jazmine shook her head. "We saw him too, he ain't see us. Caesar took us a different way."

Huey sat down on the coach, tired from all the running. "Fuck we gone do about that nigga though, Huey?" Caesar asked. Huey shrugged his shoulders. "Fuck can we do? We just tried to rob him and one of us stabbed his hoe. We all gotta stay at the tenement tonight."

Caesar shook his head. "Naw, nigga, I gotta go home and take a shower. I been staying here since the beginning of the week. I gotta go home and shit, where they actually got electricity."

Huey stuck his hands into his pockets, taking out a pack of cigarettes and getting one of out of it. "Well shit I can't stop you but at least don't go til later."

Caesar looked at his watch real quick. "Now that you speak about it, I gotta go now. Moms finna lock up the crib soon anyways. Look, I'll be back roun' twelve am. maybe one."

Huey nodded his head. Caesar dapped up everybody in the room, and grabbed a bat in the corner of the room. He then disappeared out of the room. Everybody watched him go. "God bless that nigga, I'm staying ri here." Riley stated.

"Man that nigga is the one who had the cocaine." Stacey sighed. "Girl, is that all you do, light up some weed or something damn!" Cindy yelled.

Jazmine cackled. "Like facts, I'm always seeing her with some white up her nose. She need to ease up." She joined in.

Huey puffed on a cigarette, listening to the girls argue. Riley shook his head, reaching his arm towards the table, taking some chips out from the bag they stole and began to munch on it. "Fuck y'all, I'm spendin' da night with him!" Stacey stood up, chasing after Caesar. "Good hoe." Jazmine mumbled.

Cindy gave Jaz a side eye. "I heard you, girl." They both began to laugh. "She is though! I remember she tried to get with Hiro in front of Ming. Ming beat the fuck outta her."

Riley burst out laughing, partially spitting some chips out. "Oh yeah! That bitch couldn't even snort coke after that! Her nose was all broke and bent."

The group was in the best mood they could be in. These were the things they loved to do, they felt like a family, more than the family they had at home. The fact they could come to the tenement and bring their true selves out was magical. But, Huey was lost in his thoughts. He never shared with the group, but he wanted more for himself. These thoughts really came after Hiro's beating.

He was thinking about the point of the endless stealing and getting high. Huey wanted more for himself.