3.

Caesar walked through the dark streets with his hands tightly on the bat, he took from the tenement. He wasn't trying to get caught off guard at all. His eyes surveyed the streets carefully, everyone car that passed by he'd watch until they were out of sight. After a couple of minutes of walking, he felt he was being watched. Then, he heard some footsteps coming up behind him. He turned around raising up the bat and just as he was about to swing.

"Caesar!" Stacey screeched, backing away. Caesar sighed, lowering the bat. "The fuck you walkin up on me like that for?"

Stacey shrugged her shoulders. "How else was I going to get your attention? You were walking mighty fast."

Caesar started up his walk again with Stacey by his side. "Why you even coming with me anyway?" He asked. "Duhh, you have the coke and I wasn't going to stay with them listening to them fuck. You already know how Huey and Jazmine swear they're a secret." She slightly chuckled.

Caesar smirked. "I remember coming to the tenements early one morning and caught them. Can't believe they think nobody knows. I don't know why they just don't come out with it already. We all already know."

"Probably cause he sleepin around the entire group?" Stacey mumbled.
"What you say?" Caesar asked, snapping his head toward her. "Nothing."

Caesar furrowed his eyebrows as he turned his head back to in front of him. "Can I have a bump of that coke?" Stacey asked. Caesar huffed. "You can't wait til we get back to my apartment? Like damn girl." He said as he took his backpack off. He had a little soft spot towards Stacey because most of the group talked about her and she was really an outsider.

He takes his backpack off, reaching inside of it and taking out the cocaine, throwing it over to her. She catches the bag and pours a line on the back of her hand, snorting it up. She passed the bag back to Caesar. "Thanks, hot chocolate."

"Hot chocolate? I ain't heard no shit like that before." He said, putting the coke back inside his bag. Caesar got his cocaine from the same place his mother got it, his stepdad. Usually, he'd buy some but he's hardup on money he'd steal from him. They're usually too strung out to even notice.

"Alright, let's go, I don't like being out here like this." He said, putting his backpack back on and kicking his feet back into motion. They got a few more blocks uninterrupted. An all black car came passing by. The headlights illuminated them both, Caesar and Stacey stared at the unmarked vehicle. It soon came passing by them and parking a bit up the road.

Stacey grabbed onto Caesar's arm, partly paranoid cause of all the cocaine she's been snorting. "Let's go."

Caesar shook his head. "I ain't running, they got a car they'll catch us anyways."

Their eyes stayed on the vehicle until a man got out of the vehicle and began approaching them. It was only one person, once he got closer the moon lit up his face. It wasn't Speedburn. It was a local cop, Derek Hughes. He usually held up the kids, taking their drugs and giving them warnings. He wasn't one to mess with and was not for the bullshit the kids were getting up to.

"Only two of you?" Derek asked.

"Usually if you see one you'd see all." He added. Caesar shook his head, "I'm going home, I ain't doin shit right now." Caesar said

Derek chuckled. "Y'all lil niggas ain't never not doin shit. The thing I don't understand though is, why are y'all fuckin with Speedburn's crew now?"

Caesar feigned ignorance. "What are you talkin' about? Ion know no Speedburn?"

Derek grinned. "That's cool and shit until you realize he not playin. He gone beat y'all bad. Y'all fucked up his girl. I went up there trying to get some information. Of course she ain't gone tell me shit. But, we know it was yall."