2: operation F.A.B.

Or maybe a party isn't what Yeji needs. Now that she's here, no part of it feels enticing.

That's not to say she doesn't have options. She could socialize with those near the bar or join those dancing in the living room, except the path is super crowded. Those who came with less than pure intentions stuck around the hall or in a corner, a.k.a. areas she intended to avoid. There are others competing in games outside, but that would mean she'd have to leave her comfortable spot by the kitchen island.

Plus there are free snacks beside her. Mentally noting these keeps her mind busy, though.

Yeji sighs. She's already arrived and would hate to leave before running into someone she knows. Surely they're around somewhere. She merely lacks the courage to move from the kitchen and search.

What told her she isn't ready to socialize, however, is her refusal to get involved with anyone here. Her friends didn't come looking for her after she sent a text following her arrival, which ruined the chances of getting introduced to friends of their own.

So much for reconnecting with them. Yeji's not sure she can even pretend to be thankful for the invite.

Basically, the first hour of this experience has been stupidly uncomfortable, and Yeji feels like she showed up to some random party alone. Then again, looking at it now, she DID show up to some random party alone. At this rate, when does having expectations not fail her?

"What are we looking at?"

Her hand quickly moves to her chest, hairs on her arm standing at the unexpected voice. She turns to spot a familiar enough face.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Ryujin... It's nice to see someone I know." Yeji sighs in relief. "What are you doing here?"

"Not sure. I got invited and came out of boredom. Yet here I am, very much bored." The short-haired girl clicks her tongue. "Mind if I stand here?"

She shakes her head no, unsure if Ryujin sees it before slotting herself next to the counter.

Yeji hasn't been very social in recent months. She supposes it's hindered her ability to maintain a conversation. Still, operation F.A.B. is underway, and the perfect contender approached her.

All. On. Their. Own.

Talk about luck! Who could be a more ideal bestie than Shin Ryujin? She's assertive, fun, someone she has gotten along with before. Yeji already knows her... to some extent. That is if knowing consists of her name, a few of her interests, and what she looks like.

Heh~

Truth be told, they never hung out alone outside of their friend group. But that won't stop her! She's pretty determined.

"You came alone?" Yeji peeks at Ryujin through the corner of her eye, who's standing there, hands in her pockets. "Thought you were a social butterfly?"

"I could say the same about you."

Okay...

Attempt numero uno failed. Good thing the young Shin accompanied Yeji on her own accord.

They stand there for a few moments, Ryujin surveying the party and its people, whereas Yeji wracks her brain endlessly for icebreakers everyone used back in school. Why's her brain useless when she needs it most??

Then it hits her.

"I have a proposition."

She mentally slaps herself for how she phrased that.