Chapter 1: Unknown surroundings

???'s POV.

Screaming. Silence. Even more screaming.

That's what woke me up. I still have a pretty bad headache, don't know why. At the end, I managed to get up from the uncomfortable sitting position I found myself in, but still felt a little dizzy.

The room I was in is badly lit. There is just a single flickering lightbulb. There are cabinets, but not the type you'd find in a regular house. One had its door slightly opened, so I decided to check what is inside, so I can get a better idea of my surroundings. The shelves of that cabinet were covered in layers of dust. Under it, there were surgical instruments. Now that's quite odd.

I close the cabinet. I tried to leave the room and fortunately, the door was unlocked, so it took only a few pushes to open it.

I looked on my right and there was another room with a wide opened door. I saw another person, lying unconscious. From what I could make up, it was a young man, most likely a teenager, wearing a dark purple hoodie. It would be best if I don't wake him up for now.

I turned back and on my left, there was a long hallway. There was light at its end. I could see a lot of people too.

But before I could react or even approach them, my hand touched the pocket of my jacket. I felt something inside of it - something that its place is definitely not inside of it. I grabbed the mysterious object and it turned out to be a very small notebook with a ballpoint pen attached to it. The cover of that book had my name and the word "Journal" written on them.

Out of curiosity, I opened the little notebook and on the first page, there was some text written on it.

Role? Clown? Neutral team? But more importantly... Kill, get voted out?! Now that's some crazy shit. It better be a joke.

I close the notebook, still in disbelief, and put it back where i found it - my pocket.

All of a sudden, a person, again a stranger, approaches me. It was a tall girl with braided buns, black T-Shirt and blue jeans.

"Hey, why don't you come and introduce yourself? Before you ask anything, no one knows where we are or why we are here in this building, most likely a hospital, not even myself. Oh yeah, by the way, my name is-"

She was cut off by a speaker, which I didn't even notice until now, because of course, everything was old and the hallway was badly lit too, just like that little room and etc.

"Hello, contestants! Welcome to the game of Flicker..."

I looked around and the girl was shocked, just like me. That teenager from earlier was up now. The crowd of people over there is silent, most likely looking at another speaker, confused. It consisted of more than ten people, for sure.

I have so many questions and I will for sure receive a lot less answers...

(Word count: 514)