C H A P T E R O N E

april 8th;
1 year, 11 months and 21 days since scott's party.

"Y/N! COME CHECK THIS OUT!" Cora Hale, Y/N's roommate called out and Y/N walked into their room from the bathroom, toothbrush in her mouth.

"What?"

Cora gestured to the tv in front of her as the news reporter spoke.

"--Police have confirmed the wounds on the two college students matches those found on some victims of the Beacon Hills massacre, which has led police to believe that the killer of 19-year-olds Ethan Steiner and Danny Mahealani is M-- Stiles Stilinski, the prime suspect in the previous killings."

Y/N reached forward and took the remote from Cora, turning off the tv.

"Good morning to you too." Y/N mumbled, moving back to the bathroom.

"Aren't you, like, concerned?" Cora asked, following her into the smaller room. "Are you scared?"

Y/N spat out her toothpaste into the sink and cleaned off her face before looking back at Cora.

"Nope."

Cora was scared. Her cousin, Malia, had been in Beacon Hills and had been murdered by Stiles.

Y/N acted like she wasn't bothered.

Key word: acted.

---

Y/N L/N WAS A BIG fat liar.

She was terrified that Stiles was coming after her.

She skipped her first class of the day, sitting in her dorm room after Cora left and just stared at the wall.

If Stiles knew where she was, he would come find her. The only sense of comfort Y/N had was that he, most likely, wouldn't hurt her.

Unless something had seriously changed over the two years he'd been gone. Maybe he'd changed his mind and got pissed she was hiding and now he wanted to kill her? What if--

"Hey, Y/N." She turned her head to see Scott walking over, his arm resting on his girlfriend Allison's shoulder. "Did you hear?"

"Mhm." She nodded, continuing her walk to her first (technically second) class of the day. "It's not a big deal."

"Y/N, not a big deal? He's literally in town." Scott slipped his arm off of Allison and followed Y/N quickly. "How are you not freaked out?"

"Because I'm not." She mumbled, avoiding Scott's eyes. "I don't care if he comes here or not."

"You should. He's probably still all fucking obsessed with you."

Y/N and Scott both turned their heads to see Isaac standing there with crossed arms, his friend Boyd beside him.

"Hey, Isaac." Scott greeted.

"Yeah, hey." Y/N then kept on walking. "And I seriously do not care about Stiles, alright?"

Scott and Isaac shared a look as she walked away.

Y/N wasn't being her usual self. She had seriously improved over the past two years, healing physical and mental scars.

Now she was acting like how she had not long after everything with Stiles happened.