C H A P T E R E I G H T

april 12;
1 year, 11 months and 25 days since scott's party

STILES' WORDS MADE Y/N'S SKIN crawl.

"You'll always be mine."

His tone, how his voice sounded so calm and yet so forceful at the same time.

She looked to Scott, who was still helplessly tied to the chair.

Stiles had that smile. A grin with a sense of mischief to it, or in this case, a sense of insanity.

Y/N, as she looked at the man, couldn't believe he was the same boy who had been her first kiss, her first time, her first love.

The psychopath standing in front of her wasn't the same boy at all. God, and it was driving her crazy.

She didn't want that to be him. She wanted her old Stiles back. The big Star Wars loving dork who would walk her to her classes and have sleepovers with her whenever she was upset.

She knew deep down that that Stiles was gone. Forever.

Y/N hadn't even noticed she was zoned out until she realized Stiles and Allison were in the corner of the room having a whisper-argument, and Scott was trying to get her attention from his chair.

He (quite obviously) didn't want to be tied to the chair anymore.

So, while Stiles and Allison had their backs turned, Y/N hurried over to Scott and untied him. It was a struggle, but the immediate second Scott stood up and the rope fell to the ground, Stiles' head whipped around.

Luckily, Scott and Y/N were closer to the door and ran for it as Stiles yelled after them.

They ran out into the hallway and slammed the door shut. Stiles started banging on it as both Scott and Y/N held it closed.

Stiles started yelling and objects could be heard smashing inside of what Y/N had pieced together to be an apartment.

Scott and Y/N both backed away from the door and started running. They knew he would try the door again soon and it was best to get away while they still could.

"Where are we?" Y/N asked Scott in a whisper as they neared the end of the hallway.

The building looked old and they hadn't seen many people around.

"I don't know." Scott frowned and started to slow down as they reached the stairs.

Suddenly the door to the apartment where Stiles and Allison had been flew open and Stiles stormed out into the hall, Allison right behind him.

Stiles made spotted the two and started running down the hallway, which was surprising considering he was never the most athletic person ever.

"Go, go, go!" Y/N hurried Scott down the stairs and the duo started running.

After going down a few floors, Y/N looked back to see Stiles was gone, but Scott was too.

"Oh, come on." She groaned, fighting back tears. She was pissed off and just done. "Scott? What the fuck."

She didn't want to go back upstairs, but she wasn't going to leave Scott.

So she headed back up the stairs, wanting to leave more and more each step.

She found Scott. He was just standing on one of the small sections in between where the stairs would turn. He was staring at the stairs above him, where Stiles was staring back, holding his knife in his hand.

"What are you doing, Scott?" Y/N asked and Scott shook his head.

Her eyes looked Scott up and down and noticed how his hand held onto his side tightly. Y/N looked back up to Stiles and spotted the blood on the blade.

"Stiles, you fucking asshole!"

Stiles rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Now you're sounding like Isaac."

Y/N could feel her heart ache at the name.

"Fuck you, Stiles." She spat, sliding Scott's arm over her shoulder and heading for the stairs again.

But just as she started moving down, Allison appeared in front of her.

They were cornered.

So they were dragged back to the apartment.

"So you're like Stiles' little lapdog, huh?" Y/N asked Allison as Stiles dragged Scott ahead of them. She didn't bother to fight, she could get Scott more hurt than he already was. "Doing his bidding?"

"Oh, shut up, Y/N." She scoffed. "I didn't do shit for him. So what if I pretended to be your friend? And the people I killed? It wasn't for him. That was for me."

"Wow, look at you go." Y/N sarcastically cheered. "Allison doesn't kill people for a man, she's just a psychopath! What a pivotal moment for feminism."

"Look, just because he doesn't want you dead doesn't mean you're safe." Allison hissed in her ear and Y/N almost laughed at her tone.

"I thought you said you saw the pictures of Theo?" She wasn't taking Allison seriously. Mainly because she was terrified. She wasn't sure if she would be able to escape. She wasn't sure if she was going to make it out of this one.

When they reached the apartment, Scott and Y/N were thrown onto the couch. Y/N carefully felt around herself, trying to see if she had her phone.

She must've dropped it when Stiles drugged her while she was on the phone. Crap.

Stiles dropped onto a chair directly in front of them, staring right at Y/N.

He smiled and she didn't even blink. Her face was expressionless, despite the stress and fear that was overwhelming her body.

As she slowly looked around the room, Y/N pretended not to notice Allison's phone just sitting on the small table beside the couch just to her own left.

Scott was still bleeding heavily from his stomach where Stiles had stabbed him. Funny to think they once considered each other brothers.

Looking between the two boys, Y/N was struck with a real aching pain. She thought back to their freshman year of high school, and even earlier when they first met in middle school. They were all so innocent and happy.

Now look where they were.

---