C H A P T E R F I V E

april 10th;
1 year, 11 months and 23 days since scott's party

Y/N, SCOTT AND ISAAC SAT on the grass outside, just under a tree. Isaac and Scott were telling Y/N about the possible suspects they had discussed earlier.

Y/N's bodyguards were sitting on a bench maybe ten feet away.

"Okay, some of those sound really far-fetched." She stated before shivering. "Why is if so cold today? It's April."

"Here." Isaac took off his jacket and handed it to her. "Take it."

"You sure?" Y/N asked, slowly taking the jacket into her hands. "I could always go back to my dorm or something."

"Yeah, don't worry about it."

Scott watched the interaction between the two.

"Wait, so is your whole list just our friends?" Y/N asked after pulling on Isaac's jacket. "You don't think it could be someone we don't know?"

The two boys paused and exchanged a look.

"Well, we didn't think about that." Scott answered.

"Yeah, it's just because the last two were our friends, so we-- well I kinda assumed." Isaac mumbled. "But yeah, there's also the possibility we don't even know the person."

Then Y/N's phone started to ring. Scott and Isaac stared cautiously as she accepted the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey, baby."

Y/N threw her phone down and jumped to her feet, Scott and Isaac followed.

Y/N's bodyguards rushed over. As she explained to them the situation, Isaac picked up her phone.

"Hey, asshole." Isaac greeted.

"Is that you, Isaac?" He could hear the chuckle that came after in the deep Ghostface voice. "You know, I've been meaning to talk to you, buddy."

"Fuck you." Isaac spat.

"Lahey, put the phone down." One of the bodyguards ordered.

"Yeah, Lahey, put the phone down."

"Isaac, drop the phone." Y/N gave him a pleading look and he sighed. He handed Y/N's phone to one of the bodyguards and they ushered Y/N away.

Scott and Isaac were left alone.

---

"I WONDER WHAT LIAM AND Mason are up to back in Beacon Hills." Scott spoke as he and Isaac sat in his dorm later that night, the two were playing some video game on the tv Scott usually shared with Aiden. "Having fun not having a serial killer after them again."

"Probably." Isaac mumbled.

"Okay, well, I'm hungry." Scott spoke, standing up. "You wanna come get food?"

"Um, I don't know." Isaac was worried.

"Well, I'm gonna go. You can come if you want." Scott grabbed his wallet and keys before opening the dorm door.

Isaac nodded and Scott closed the door behind him.

Then, as his phone began to ring, Isaac remembered that half of the murders had been in dorm rooms. Alone.

Isaac picked up the phone and stood up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Isaac." The familiar deep voice greeted.