C H A P T E R T H R E E

april 8th;
1 year, 11 months and 21 days since scott's party

"Y/N! HEY!" ISAAC GRINNED AT Y/N as he walked up to her with a drink in his hand. "Are you having fun?"

"Yeah, I am."

She wasn't. She didn't want to be there.

"That's great." Isaac's arm slid over her shoulder again. "So you're doing okay?"

"Hmm?"

"Y'know, with the whole Stiles thing?"

Y/N tensed slightly. Slightly enough that Isaac didn't even notice. But he was drunk, so he didn't notice much.

"Because honestly? I'm pissed. He's such an asshole doing this." Isaac sipped his drink. "But he was always an asshole. Even while you guys were together. No offense."

"He wasn't always an asshole, and you know it, Lahey." Y/N mumbled.

"Okay, yeah, fine, maybe not always, but..." Isaac paused. "He was an asshole to me sometimes. I don't know."

"Cool, thanks, Isaac." She turned around and started to walk away.

"Wait, Y/N..." He grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer. "Don't go."

"Why--" Her words were cut off by Isaac's lips on hers.

At first, Y/N didn't mind it. She liked Isaac and she might've even liked kissing him.

Then the panic set in.

Isaac couldn't kiss her.

What if he found out?

Y/N pushed him off. "Isaac, stop."

"I thought..."

"No, no, Isaac..." She paused and rubbed her face. "It's just..."

Isaac sighed. "Stiles."

"Look, Isaac, you're a great friend and everything but-- I can't." Y/N frowned. "He's-- I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine. I get it." Isaac forced a smile. "I get it. It's... whatever."

He shrugged. Y/N watched as he started to walk away.

"I'm gonna go find Scott."

She watched as he left.

"What the fuck." She groaned, burying her face in her hands.

---

THE PARTY ONLY LASTED ANOTHER hour or so before an ambulance and several police cars went speeding down the street towards the dorm building just at the end of the road.

"What's going on over there?" Cora asked Allison, who shrugged.

Then Y/N's eyes widened. "Shit, dude, what if someone else is dead?"

"I think that's very likely." Cora shuddered, looking down at her phone. "Apparently Boyd was found dead in his dorm an hour ago."

"Does Isaac know?" Y/N asked.

"I don't know, you were the one kissing him before." Allison sipped her drink.

"You guys saw that?" Y/N looked between the two. Cora nodded and Allison avoided Y/N's eyes. "Oh, come on."

"Hey, I think everybody noticed." Cora snickered. "You guys were right in the middle of the party."