Chapter 3

Raine's POV

It's been days since he came to my office to tell me that ridiculous thing and I haven't seen or heard from him since then.

Honestly I think he has forgotten, or he doesn't really care anymore, I haven't even bothered talking to my parents about it because I already know what their response will be.

What's the point of telling them when I know what they're gonna say, they're just unreasonable and it just makes me wonder why they're like that.

Today I'm through with work so I'm heading home, while my mind is filled with thoughts about him
I googled him after he left that day and found out he has a huge company here in New York, and I know if he's here then Ryan is here too.

How do I even face Ryan, he has really done well for himself, he's one of the richest billionaires in New York, makes me wonder how I didn't see it before.

Maybe because I was busy dealing with my dead husband's drama back then, I had bigger fish to fry.

There was a picture that caught my attention tho, it's one of him with a beautiful young woman, they were at an event and they looked good together.

She was smiling so brightly and his hands was on her waist, it looked as if he was whispering something to her, it made me jealous even though I had no right to be jealous, I mean I left him didn't I?

I guess he has moved on, it's been four years, what do I expect

I arrive home and I get out the car, I walk to the front door and just go in, I don't want to even cross paths with my parents, I don't want any of their troubles but fate has a way of messing with me because as soon as I walk in, mom runs towards me and gives me a hug.

I look at her skeptically because it's so uncommon for her to act like this towards me, it's always her glaring and saying degrading words to me.

She let's go off me with a smile and dad walked down from upstairs, he had a smile on his face, so unusual, making me look at both of them.

They never have this reaction on their faces for me, unless they want something, something they know I can't give.

"Honey, how was work"? Mom asked making me nod my head at her.

"It was fine mom" I whisper out still looking at both of them

"Honey, we have something we would like to discuss with you, come sit" mom said with a wide smile, pulling me to the chair.

I sit down with my mind wondering, what they want from me now, the last time something like this happened, they made me marry someone I didn't love or even like.

"Baby you know we love you, and we'd like the best for you" mom said pausing a while and I just nodded "we're your parents honey" she pressed, this was getting annoying so I just cut her off

"Mom please just get straight to the point" I said trying not to sound rude

"You're getting married Raine" dad said it casually and I froze, everything just stopped with time as I looked towards him

What does he mean I'm getting married? I look towards mom and she had a smile on her face.

"What are you talking about dad"? I asked him

"Mr Sinclair offered us a very good deal to have your hand in marriage" dad said as a matter of fact

"What"!!! I yelled out getting up "Dad you can't be serious, mom"! I snapped looking at mom and she just shrugged.