Chapter 14

Jace's POV

It had been five days since Raine came down with a fever, five days that we had been living in a civil manner, no banters, no arguments, no quarrels.

Just two people living together, I didn't realize she hadn't seen any of our wedding photos until she said it that day

And the fact that she apologized for what happened four years ago, has been on my mind, it has been making me ask a lot of questions but I dare not voice them out.

I really wanted to know what went wrong, I know she didn't just wake up and want to end it all, there had to be something, maybe something I had done.

I needed explanation but I was afraid of what I'd get if I asked her, it might not be what I want, and it most likely won't fill the void in my heart.

She had been smiling a lot and I found myself smiling too whenever she did, that was how much little things about her affected me.

I had been the one driving her to and from work everyday since the fever thing, I know she keeps saying she's fine but I can't help but want to drive her still.

The fact that she hasn't really blamed me for the rain incident has been bothering me too, I mean didn't it anger her that a man she once loved would do something like that to her

I know she once told me she was afraid of rainstorm and thunder, so doing that was really wrong of me but it had been done.

The doctor called me that he had something to tell me about the test he carried out on her, said it was important and I needed to be at his office.

I had just dropped Raine off at home when he called, so I was currently walking towards his office, I knocked and he ushered me in.

I took a seat after giving him a handshake

"Thank you for seeing on such short notice Mr Sinclair" he said and I just nodded.

He breath out before proceeding "I don't know how I'm going to tell you this because I don't know if you know, or if your wife knows" he said and I just got more interested at whatever he wanted to say.

"What is it doctor"? I asked and he sighed out loud.

"Mr Sinclair, the test I carried out on your wife came out with a few results, including the high fever she had due to cold" he explained and I nodded "it also came out with something rather odd" he breath out.

"It shows here that your wife has a damaged uterus and can't carry a child, let alone give birth" he said and I froze, I literally froze.

What is he talking about
"I don't understand doctor"? I asked and he sighed obviously afraid of what I might do

"Mr Sinclair, due to excessive and unsupervised abortions your wife has gone through, it has damaged her uterus that it can no longer hold a foetus" he told me further making me tense up.

Unsupervised abortions?
What does he mean?
When did she ever get an abortion?

"Doctor, I don't understand what you mean, but I'd like to have a talk with my wife before we go any further, maybe this is a mix up" I said getting up and he just nods.

"Alright sir, no problem" he says and I walk out of the office with a lot on my mind.

What does he mean by excessive abortions, last I checked, she was never pregnant for me, unless..... No I don't think Raine would do something like that.