𝟏𝟑| 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃

"LISTEN to me" lorraine martin begged

"LISTEN to me" lorraine martin begged. stiles and odette were now in the formers room, listening to the tape. "please listen. there's something i have to do. something i have to stop" she spoke. "i have to take you back to eichen, lorraine" brunski told the woman. stiles reached towards the player and turned up the volume.

"no. no. i don't think you're gonna be taking me anywhere. i can hear the recorder in your pocket. it's on now, isn't it. you're making a tape. just like you taped the others" stiles paused the tape. "it didn't happen at eichen house" he pointed out.

"then where did she go?" odette said. "that's what we need to find out" he replied, looking at her. for the next half hour, both teens listened to the recording over and over again. stiles pressed play and it went again. "..back to eichen, lorraine"

"no. no. i'm don't think you're gonna be taking me anywhere" odette laid a hand on the boys shoulder. "wait go back. and turn it up" she told him. he did as told, turning up the volume and replying the phrase again. "no. no. i don't think you're going to be taking me anywhere. i can hear the recorder in your pocket. it's on now isn't it?"

in the background, there was a faint scratching. like a needle against an object. "it's the record player" she said, turning the tape off. "what record player? the one lydia told me about. in the lake house, in the study" she replied. "so she escaped from eichen house to go back to listen to a record player?"

"well, she was like lydia, right? remember when she told us jennifer called her a banshee?"

"yeah but only once. she predicted maddy's death and then just spent decades trying to predict something else" odette thought to herself, and a theory came to mind. "maybe she finally did. and what if this time it wasn't just one death, it was a lot of deaths?" that's when it hit stiles. "like the deadpool"

"what if all those years ago, lorraine predicted it? and she knew there was something in the study that could stop it?" stiles immediately got up, grabbing his keys. "then we're going to the lake house"

__________

stiles and odette kneeled in front of the record player in the martin study. they listened to the faint scratching of the needle. stiles sighed, standing to his feet. "what are we doing? this room wasn't even made for us. no, we need someone like lydia or meredith. and we're just sitting here listening to a stupid record player play a record that doesn't play anything"

he turned it off, making the girl get up. "come on, there's plenty of other things we can be totally useless doing" the girl furrowed her eyebrows, gently grabbing the boy by his arm. "hey" she gently spoke, bringing her to him. "you aren't useless. you contribute so much. you do so much, sti." the two looked at each other, falling into each others eyes.

the room fell silent. and that's when they heard it. a faint whirring. "you hear that, too, right?" the boy nodded, looking to the record player that wasn't on. he walked towards it, noticing it wasn't fully against the wall. he looked in between the gap, realizing that the cord went into the wall. before he could do anything, odette was thrown across the room, landing with a cry of pain.