020. different emotions

𓆩♡𓆪

020. different emotions

                     Today was the day. The day that for the first time in over a year, Tara Baxter was going on a date. Tara hadn't been on many dates before, even considering the plenty of boyfriends she's had. She always told herself it was because her exes didn't really care for corny things like dates and other relationship things like giving flowers or opening the car door, things like that. Or maybe, it was because she allowed the ones before to treat her like she was worth less than she really was. She'd never admit that to herself though, because then she wouldn't be able to convince herself that she didn't deserve it.

Tara ran her fingers through her hair one more time, eyeing herself through the vanity mirror, wondering if she looked okay. She didn't know what his plans were for them, she didn't know if she was too overdressed, or even underdressed. Tara couldn't help but overthink everything entirely, it's been so long since she's been on an official date, and even though her and Jack had grown extremely close, there was no containing the nerves consuming her body.

However, she wasn't the only one who was nervous. Jack was pacing back and forth for the past ten minutes, it was 6:38 pm and he decided he would leave at at 6:43 because it took exactly fifteen minutes to get to her apartment, seventeen with slight traffic. He didn't want to be too early and make her feel rushed in case she wasn't ready, but he didn't want to be late and make her think he didn't care enough, or worse, that he was standing her up.

Jack was ready for the date by six exactly, which he knew was way ahead of time, but he was so excited he wanted to be ready before he was due to leave. He fluffed his hair one final time, doing another breath check. Not yet satisfied, even after brushing his teeth four times in a row, and swishing mouthwash after each brush, swish some more mouthwash. Once he finished, he grabbed the bouquet of flowers laying on his bed. Jack had texted Agnes earlier that day, to ask her what Tara's favorite flowers were, to which she replied "pink roses", so he got her exactly that. Only he didn't think the plain rose bouquets were enough, so he got her a mix that matched her favorite one.  Checking the time on his phone, he let out a shaky breath and grabbed the flowers and keys, walking out to his car.  It was time.

             *ੈ✩‧₊˚

                      6:57 pm

Tara tapped her feet nervously, Jack had texted her about ten minutes prior to let her know he was on his way for her. She applied her glossier lip gloss one more time, observing herself in the mirror, and adjusting her top slightly. She grabbed her phone, quickly sending an "im nervous please help" to her groupchat with Agnes, Jenna, and Liana. The moment she finished and set her phone down, she heard a knock at the door and a ding from her phone, a message showing "im outside." Taking in a deep breath, she grabbed her phone and her wallet heading out to the front door.

Tara prepared herself mentally as she approached the front door, she grew nervous as her heart beat picked up inside her chest and hands started to become clammy. She opened the door, revealing a smiley Jack holding a bouquet of flowers. She tried to stop it from happening, but with the immediate overflow of happiness that overtook her, her eyes brimmed with tears as a wide and genuine smile grew on her pink tinted face. She immediately threw herself into his chest, wrapping her arms around him tightly. Jack let out a small laugh, returning the hug with a gentle squeeze, he whispered a hello as he allowed hisself to melt into the hug.

Tara pulled away happily, looking up into his eyes with pure adoration as she grabbed the bouquet out of his. "You look beautiful, Tara." Jack complimented, grabbing her free hand with both of his. She smiled widely, she couldn't imagine how much of a love sick fool she looked like right now. "Thank you, Jack. You look absolutely perfect yourself." She shylyadmitted, feeling her nerves calm down and growing more comfortable. Jack stepped out of her way, interlacing their fingers together and leading her to his car.

Tara was filled with a billion different emotions as they walked towards the car. She didn't know when she met the tall curly headed boy that her attraction towards his looks, would become so much more than that. He opened the passenger for her to get inside, closing it when she nodded that she was good and inside. Jack walked to his side of the car, he was nervous, he didn't want to mess anything up between the two of them, and he definitely didn't want to make her feel anything less than special.

  *ੈ✩‧₊˚

Tara looked around the restaurant with gleaming eyes, it was exactly something she would like. It was brightly lit, with big beautiful succulents placed around the room. "I remembered you telling me you didn't care for the fancy five star places, so i hope this is okay." Jack said hopefully, he wanted to do the absolute most for the girl, but he didn't want to push her out of her comfort zone either. "This is perfect, Jack. Really it is, this is exactly what I would choose." She expressed, and she meant it, she hated having to fit into the rich and classy lifestyle, it just wasn't her.

Tara had decided on shrimp scampi, it was one of the only pastas she could actually enjoy, while Jack got the very basic chicken alfredo. "I dont know how you can eat that, i despise chicken alfredo with my whole being." Tara said, scrunching her nose up while shaking her head. Jack shrugged in defense, giving her a playful glare, "There is nothing wrong with it, Tar. It's a go to, you're just a hater." He teased.

"Maybe I am, but atleast I'm not a hater who eats chicken alfredo." She argued, taking a bite of her meal. "I would talk about yours, but I actually like shrimp scampi." Jack admitted sadly, causing Tara to let out a giggle.  Tara set her fork down, "Thank you, Jack. This all means so much to me, the flowers, the food, just being here with you in general, I really do appreciate this." She smiled, melting into his pretty brown eyes.

Jack looked down shyly, attempting to hide the redness that he felt spreading through his face. "Of course, Tara. You don't have to thank me, you deserve this, you deserve the world and more, and I want to help give it to you."

Authors Note !
sorry yall i got lazy! hope yal enjoy the build up and
part of the date that's honestly probably all i'll do
unless i decide to finish it but i doubt that