locked in

earth 928: nueva york 298

in the control room, a tall muscular brooding man, looks over all the scanners keeping an eye close to all the events occurring in the multiverse simultaneously. he groans and pinches the bridge of his nose as he's bothered by the fact that this responsibility of being the leader of an elite force of spider people can be stressful at times. he's like the god of the multiverse only thing is he gets to keep everything in check and make sure canon events aren't being disrupted but carried out.

he aggressively clicks and flicks the scanners as a certain young woman catches his eye. his facial muscles relax as he's intrigued by this young woman. something strange takes over his chest. something he hasn't felt in such a long time. he doesn't understand why his heart flutters as he lays his eyes on you. he understands what you've gone through and he wishes he can help you but how? he knows your name, and even your abilities.

"interesante," he paused, "a spider person with telekinetic abilities..." he muttered to himself as he continued to do more research about you. deep down he wanted to get to know you more but he felt it was weird because he was "spying" on you, but technically that is his job right? he has to keep a close eye on everyone. not just you, convincing himself. he watched as you went out late at night from your dorm to fight crime and help out those who need it. it touched him when you were always helping the less fortunate, because he always did the same on his free time.

he clicked and pinched the screen of the scanner to get a closer look of you.

again.

he's been doing this for quite some time. yet you don't know a thing. you're not even aware of there being an actual universe where someone is keeping an eye close to you. you know there's a thing called the multiverse but do you actually believe it?

"jess!" he exclaimed as he breathed sharply through his nostrils. he motioned jessica drew to look at the scanners of you.

"yes miguel? what do you want?" she said sassily as she caressed her pregnant belly. she looked intently towards the scanners showing some short clips of you on campus, indicating you were a college student and fighting crime, indicating you were also a spider-woman just like her.

"don't tell me you want to recruit her?,"she laughed knowing exactly what miguel called her for. she waited for his response but he simply nodded as he was focused on viewing other spider people and keeping a close eye to make sure there isn't a canon event being disrupted.

he breathed out and side glanced towards jess who was waiting for him to vocalize his response. "yes. i think she will be a good facet to our elite force," he said with his slightly accented english, "she has telekinetic abilities too." jess hummed in response and pondered in thought because she would be the one to take a new spider-woman under her wing. jessica isn't aware of why miguel truly wants a new recruit. he hardly ever let anyone join without jessica's nagging. he's used to it but he trusts jessica's judgement after all she's his right-hand woman.

"okay." jess agreed as she continued to look in miguel's direction, studying his movements and facial expressions then glanced towards the scanner the said:

'y/n l/n earth 1218, year 2023'

"okay great. we will go visit her universe soon..." miguel slightly grinned but it wasn't actually very noticeable. jess nodded but a thought came into mind.

"miguel..how are you going to do that? you're gonna scare her." she laughed as she walked off back to whatever she needed to be.

"i'll figure that out, jess." he huffed as he put his hips on his waist. with that jess exited.

lyla, his personal AI assistant appeared on his left shoulder. "miguellll, you're so silly you know!! never in a million years would i have thought you'd liked someone ." she giggled as she spawned out of the blue.

"like? wait what? no, no way. you know i can't afford to care about someone like that again." miguel said in his monotonous voice as he brushed lyla off his shoulders.

"come on, pal. you can't deny what you're feeling. you can't avoid your feelings forever~" lyla said as she singed out her words continuing to tease him going in front in him and floating around.

"you're such a drag." miguel thought to himself he and couldn't help but admit he may have had possible feelings for her but he hasn't come to terms with it. how could he possibly fallen for you? was it because he related to you? or was it your hidden spirit that alluded him? something about you has him in a trance. maybe, it was a way for him to experience something new after losing his precious daughter, gabriella.

he sighed as he longed for his own daughter as he continued to torment himself watching clips of him and his daughter over and over again. he loved the feeling of sadness yet he hated that he could not move on from that very feeling that left him feeling shattered. losing gabriella that day was losing a part of his humanity. he faulted himself every day after that tragic incident but there wasn't anything he could do.

"te extraño mucho, nena." he said to himself as he clasped his hands onto the desk being entrapped by his own agony and despair. he misses his daughter so much and he would do anything in the entire multiverse to bring briella back if he ever had the chance to.

regardless of thinking about his daughter 24/7 in his mind, you also became part of his thoughts. whether he realized it or not sooner or later he must come to terms with it but for now his duty is to send spider people on missions to fix any little mishaps and to figure out someway to encounter you to convince you to join his 'little' club of people alike.

 whether he realized it or not sooner or later he must come to terms with it but for now his duty is to send spider people on missions to fix any little mishaps and to figure out someway to encounter you to convince you to join his 'little' club o...