swirling whirlpool

earth 1218...

it is night time in new york city

"stop where you're doing, buddy!" i exclaimed as i fixated my suit. i swung through the city using my web slingers that i had built with the help of aspen and their wits. i landed on my feet as i shot webs at the burglar who was on the run, running away with a brown purse of some elderly woman who was trying to chase after him. 'poor old lady...' i said to myself as immobilized that sick bastard with my webs.

"what the hell is this shit??" yelled the burglar who fell face flat onto the ground.

"i'm your friendly neighborhood spider-man and those are spider webs," i smirked as i used my web to yank the brown purse out of his hands, "well technically i'm not a spider-man but you know a spider-woman. same difference." i laughed as i went to give the brown purse to the elderly lady. the burgular seemed squeamish as he tried to break free from the webs. 'hmm, i would be too if i wasn't spider-woman.'

"oh my! thank you so much young lady. i wish there was more like you." the elderly woman was so appreciative and content as she held the brown purse close to her chest.

"i wish...seems like i'm the only one here though." i said sheepishly laughed as i adjusted my mask. it would be nice if there was more of me but at the same time who knows what that would be like.

"oh dear, with your abilities more people will come towards you. good and bad." she spoke as if she knew something that i didn't, and with that she waved goodbye and headed to where she needed to be.

"um yeah..." i said letting my words disappear within the air. i took care of the burglar as i swung through the city to the NYPD dropping him off. i decided to take this time to myself as to swing around to take my mind off of things. i swung around doing acrobatic flips and poses that were so liberating to me. 'doing yoga and gymnastics sure help me be as strong as i am today!' i said to myself as my chest rumbled from the loud laughter coming out of my mouth. it was freeing to say that least, to be strong was a privilege and a blessing from my spider abilities. i tend to rather use my spider abilities over my telekinetic powers since there isn't tough villains to fight here.

i was mindlessly going back to the university's directly as my webs clung onto the edges of buildings when all of a sudden a portal opens out of nowhere. it was a colorful portal with swirling in an alleyway.

"what the fuck?" i said out loud as i went down to ground level, plopping onto my feet. I was careful to tread lightly levitating off my feet so as to not make any noise as i put my arms out in arm's distance which ignited small energy beams from my hands. i looked around and behind me as the moonlight reflected off of the puddled waters in the empty alleyway. there was a vibrating sound coming from the portal almost as if it was powering up, everything around it was floating such as trash scattered all over the air. i swallowed lightly as i came closer to the portal. skepticism and curiosity filled my mind but nervousness was evident in the way my heart pounded against my ribcage violently. the portal was creating some form of force that was too great as my locs from underneath my mask were swaying in the cold New York air. 'what even is this?!" i said out loud to myself.