intertwined

earth 1218...

you were just getting yourself settled down and comfortable in the own space of your dorm after making a huge decision to join miguel

you were just getting yourself settled down and comfortable in the own space of your dorm after making a huge decision to join miguel. you have family but your family wants nothing to do with you...you're a freak to them, and you wonder why you were ever cursed with those abilities. telekinesis and your spider ones. you think to yourself that maybe in a perfect universe you could be accepted for who you are and now that you may reach that possibility you gave in so easily. as you think to yourself you recognize that nobody would decide that quick or even believe the circumstances presented to them. 'i'm so pathetic,' you say under your breath, when all of a sudden your roommate, comes in.

"hmm? you're not pathetic y/n. i heard that." aspen sighed as they threw their backpack onto the desk on their designated little area, "so, what did y'all discuss?" they said curiously as they walked over to your bed siting next to you placing a comforting hand on your thigh.

"thank you i appreciate that, aspen like really. you're always been there for me and you've been very understanding. i know all of this is so quick and sudden but i promise i'll visit you," i remarked as i relaxed my facial muscles and gave them a small smile, "he said he's coming to get me...soon it's just that—i want to be accepted." aspen nodded as they heard me voice out my feelings. they embraced me into their arms and rubbed small comforting circles on my back. it was a moment of comfort silence which was very therapeutic for the both of us.

"i understand and i'm happy that you get to have control over you life, and to do what makes you happy." they said as they got up from my bed and turned around as if they were studying my every movement and my reaction.

"thank you for everything," giving them a warm yet soft smile. few words were exchanged from there on. the weight of this reality has been very heavy on my shoulders. 'wherever you are dad, if you sent him to me...thank you.' my lips quivered as my tears threatened to spill out but they never escaped the corner of my eyes, they slowly dissipated within a couple blinks.

"of course, y/n. so, if he comes to get you does that mean i have to get out of the room?"

"yes, aspen...i'm sorry. i wouldn't know how'd he take it if he saw someone else." i sighed as i grabbed a small backpack and stuffed my suit, web shooters, and other small necessities. i made sure to have the gizmo watch intact. aspen nodded and smiled, "i respect that, just—don't forget about me okay?"

"i will never forget about you." i said with a solemn tone as i looked down onto my feet and then slowly back up at them as i clinched my fists as i tried so hard not to cry.

"ah, now that makes me feel a whole lot better. i guess this is goodbye right?" they said as they put their hands on my shoulders with a small smile waiting for my confirmation.

"yes but this isn't goodbye forever...i'll make sure to come to visit soon!" i put a lovely hand on top of their hands and slowly removed them to give them a tight warm hug, "yes i know, i'm gonna grab my stuff and head out to the library with my other friends."