one more bad break

back on earth 928...

"what the hell miguel?" jess said as she gave miguel an earful but he did not mind it one bit

"what the hell miguel?" jess said as she gave miguel an earful but he did not mind it one bit. he grunted a bit barely coming out of the swirling portal as he made his way to the scanners in the control room.

"what? would you have wanted to come?" he said sarcastically eyes glued to multiple screens at a time. his gaze was intense as he hooked a finger up his chin, pondering what would be his next move.

"yes! obviously, i wanted to come!! i wanted to met her you know, but sometimes you're just so impatient." she sighed as she waddled besides miguel still caressing her stomach lovingly.

"yeah well," as he pivoted his feet towards jess, "she said she'd think about it." he eyed her for her approval because after all she was his teammate and someone he can trust their judgment. he reclined himself onto the desk placing both hands looking down at the keyboards and functions of the control system.

"okay great! that's lovely. don't expect her to say yes so easily though." she laughed as she tilted her head looking to see if he would react or not. usually he doesn't but this time he perked up a bit upon hearing jess's words, "how old is she, miguel?"

"she's 20." he said nonchalantly as he continue to fiddle with whatever busied him, looking at spider people doing their jobs and such.

"okay good. considering you're only 27...i would've knocked some sense into you if she was 18..." she said as she shook her head of the thought of that. that would have been an icky situation and something she would not approve at all.

jess and lyla were probably the only people (and thing) who truly knew how miguel felt about you. and well besides peter b. parker who is always carrying mayday with him. whom he occasionally stops by and riles him up for no apparent reason. yet deep down miguel is happy that you'll be joining but he doesn't make it obvious to the others too much. he's reserved about his feelings and what he's truly thinking to himself. he knows he'll probably regret falling for you but for now he will see where things will lead him. for now, miguel awaits for you to confirm whether you'll be accepting his invitation or not.

briefly on earth 1218...

"ASPEN WAIT!", my voice rumbled out of my throat and richfield off the walls as i jogged towards aspen who continued to walk down the hallway towards the student lounge. i could hear aspen take a few deep breaths as they slowly came to a halt. "what? look, i understand if you want to go—go." they sighed as they turned around facing me with tear stained eyes.

"i'm sorry, i hurt you. but please understand how i feel too! i truly don't feel like i belong here. i'm so unhappy here and fuck college." i sighed as i couldn't help but smile a bit after voicing how i truly felt. in this awful universe, i curse this place every single day of my life. why did i choose to be born here? out of all the places i could have been born. aspen came up to me and hugged me tightly. i felt relieved but i was still upset of the thought of leaving my only friend behind.