𝑃𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑎𝑐𝑦

"So, you're a seer?" Eleanor asked as Ruby nodded her head. Finally, Ruby confessed the truth to Eleanor, and to be honest, she was scared of how her friend would react.

"Do you know that my parents were gonna...?" Ruby's face fell at her question. She felt speechless.

"Answer me, Ruby," Eleanor asked, feeling desperate. Losing her parents was the worst. Another, worst of all, was that her friend knew about it, but she didn't bother to say it out.

"Don't you trust me?" Eleanor asked as Ruby's eyebrows frowned. She shook her head in denial.

"Speak, Ruby! Open your mouth!" Ruby flinched at the tone as she released a sigh.

"El... At that time, I didn't know that I was a seer and I quite didn't expect it to be your parents. I thought of it as a nightmare, but as days went on... I realized by myself, "

"Wha--"

"But that doesn't mean that I don't trust you. You're the first person I could trust after my brother. Don't say that to Sirius. And, I was scared... scared of losing you, alright? I didn't want any of my nightmare to become true, and that's the reason I joined Professor. I can't afford to lose the person I love. I'd rather die than leave you guys to die in vain. I was, and till now, I am scared of what might happen in the future. But for now, all I could do is try to protect you guys. " Ruby's eyes were tearing up, and so was Eleanor 's.

Eleanor held Ruby's hand as she looked at her friend with a concerned gaze.

"But you're just a kid, not even an adult to take up all the responsibilities... we're just kids, " Eleanor commented as Ruby just hugged her friend. Eleanor, too, hugged her back as the two friends reunited.

"I'm still angry with you for not saying things to me," Eleanor said as the duo pulled apart.

"I'm sorry, El,"

"You could compensate it by saying things about you and Sirius, From the beginning," Eleanor asked with a fake glare as Ruby nodded her head with a little smile.

"Deal"

Everything was getting back to normal.

Or, that's what Ruby thought.

~~~

Ruby and Severus were heading back to their respective common rooms after their training, and Severus could see the cheery side of her again.

"I told them, Severus," He hummed in response.

"Now, I feel relieved..." Ruby said, stealing a glance of him, " and, thank you, Severus. " Severus's lips curved up a little as he nodded his head.

"Goodnight, Lupin."

"'Night , Severus' Ruby saw his hooded figure entering his common room. As Ruby was about to turn, she felt someone slamming the door, which made her look aside and see a particular Black, leaning against the door with a puffy face.

Though they were in the same year, she never once talked with him. But, she couldn't bear to see him crying. Ruby heaved a sigh as she stepped towards him slowly, but she froze once she heard his voice.

"Leave me alone, Lupin. I'm tired of people around me all the time. Just walk out, " he said coldly, with his face buried in his hands.

"You don't look fine, Regulus Black. You look pathetic, " Ruby stated as Regulus looked at her with disbelief. Ruby shrugged, saying, " I'm just stating the facts, something's wrong with you... do you want me to call Sirius?"

"Don't!" Regulus snapped, which made Ruby flinch.

"Merlin, I won't. Just stop shouting and let me help you, " Ruby said with an annoyed look. Though he was her boyfriend's brother, he was getting on her nerves.